Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hate that door does not lock automatically

Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Crystalqng23 is on a distinguished road
Name: Crystal
Crystalqng23's Tacoma Gallery
Hate that door does not lock automatically

Is it possible to set the automatic locks to lock automatically when you change gears on a tacoma?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
PaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PaintDrinkingPete's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalqng23 View Post
Is it possible to set the automatic locks to lock automatically when you change gears on a tacoma?
Funny, I actually hate that feature. I don't need my car trying to trap me in! I'm actually surprised the Tacomas don't have that feature, I know 4Runners do. I have a manual trans anyway, so I just assumed that's why my doors didn't auto lock.

I don't know if there's anyway to change that, but you can always just hit the "lock" button to lock all doors.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintDrinkingPete View Post
Funny, I actually hate that feature. I don't need my car trying to trap me in! I'm actually surprised the Tacomas don't have that feature, I know 4Runners do. I have a manual trans anyway, so I just assumed that's why my doors didn't auto lock.

I don't know if there's anyway to change that, but you can always just hit the "lock" button to lock all doors.
Me as well I hate that shit.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
CQB 1911 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
CQB 1911's Tacoma Gallery
^^^
Old 07-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Also hate it. I am in rental cars a ton and I HATE when they auto lock and unlock.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalqng23 View Post
Americans are lazy.

I don't even have power locks, but I still am able to lock and unlock both doors, manually, while on the move.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
CQB 1911 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
CQB 1911's Tacoma Gallery
Living in AZ. - in the summer I like to start my truck while I'm loading groceries for instance so it'll cool off. My S-10 used to lock automatically - so I'd have to roll down the window far enough to stick my arm in to unlock the doors. Pain in the ass!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
It's takes only a couple of seconds to press a button
Old 07-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Even with autolock, the doors open when you pull the handle from the inside, so you aren't really "locked in".

I've heard that locked doors offer a tad bit more strength when involved in a wreck, and those of us who live in cities with alot of crime prefer to have our doors locked. My wife got in the habit of locking her doors when pulling out of the driveway, and it kept a mentally unstable man from getting into her car at a red light. He was pulling on the door handle while talking to himself, and she drove off (he's lucky I wasn't in the car!).

I wish the Tacoma offered it. I bet some aftermarket alarms would offer it.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #10
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12DblCab View Post
Even with autolock, the doors open when you pull the handle from the inside, so you aren't really "locked in".
x2

i asked about this a few months ago, couldnt find the thread i started for it. my 98 t100 5spd auto locks above 15 mph... but my 2012 tacoma cant
Old 07-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Blkvulcan is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
Blkvulcan's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really mind either way. My Scion didn't do it either. I am however happy that my wife's Sentra locks when she gets above 15-20 which for her is probably backing out of the driveway. I feel better knowing that the doors are locked when she is driving around with the kids.