Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I searched, but still got questions......

Old 07-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
MudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
I searched, but still got questions......

Been reading through the 400w anytime mod thread and am wondering if anyone has done this to their 2012? I am reluctant to do it due to warranty fears.

Getting down to the real meat of my post is this. I am wanting to tap into the existing USB / Aux port that I have and run the wires to the back side of the center console. I am hoping to use a OE Toyota plug and add the 2 AC plugs back there while I'm at it. I think it would be very useful for people in the back to be able to plug in their phone / ipod to listen to other peoples stuff on the truck radio while having the ability to charge with the USB also.

Give me your thoughts, what problems would I run into with this?

*Edit* I am wanting to keep the existing USB Aux plug that I have in the dash, I just want to add another just like it to the back.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
JirafaBo is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
JirafaBo's Tacoma Gallery
That's a pretty good idea for you Double Cabbers.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
The aux port wouldn't be a problem, it's just a stereo TRS (tip, ring, sleeve) jack you can find anywhere and it wont hurt anything to have two wired in parallel. As for the USB, I've never spliced one, but I would assume having them wired in parallel would be fine but I wouldn't attempt to use both USB plugs at the same time if you do it that way.