1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are these 2 stickers related - PICS INSIDE!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blacksheep515, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Jul 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    blacksheep515

blacksheep515 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK, I had a remote start installed yesterday and when I was looking over the truck about all the work, I found 2 stickers on the truck which I started wondering about...

This is a certified pre-owned 2009 TRD Off-Road edition I purchased 3 weeks ago from the local dealer. I did not even notice these before, but I was not looking hard.

So, I searched on here and realized the 1st picture is about the re-flash for 2nd Gens and is the most current ECU flash.

Is the 2nd picture related to this? Did the re-flash reducing the towing capacity or something? I called the dealer and they said I needed to bring it in so they could see what I meant....Grrr!

Any advice appreciated gang! Thanks!

2. Jul 29, 2012 at 4:45 AM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    My truck was the same way after they did the rear leaf speing TSB. The yellow sticker was there when built and the sticker under the hood was added when the new leaf pack was installed, at least that's they way my 09 was. It's funny that they used a sharpie to write the weight on the yellow sticker. The weight on mine was printed.

3. Jul 29, 2012 at 5:24 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    I don't have a new leaf pack but have the yellow sticker.

4. Jul 29, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    I believe those load capacity stickers are added when factory options are put on the truck such as skid plates and running boards. Basically any part that you can order from the dealer and they install will decrease the load capacity.

5. Jul 29, 2012 at 7:46 AM
    blacksheep515

Member:
    Interesting, I think my truck is all stock as far as aftermarket parts go.

I do not have the leafspring TSB update done yet!

6. Jul 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    CadCamMan

CadCamMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mission Viejo, California
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB, 4WD TRD OR, 2.5 Kings
    TRD SC, suspension
    The reduced load capacity sticker is for the BOB recall for TRD wheels that came with BFG LT tires.

7. Jul 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM
    blacksheep515

Member:
    BOB recall? What does BOB stand for, sir? Thanks!

8. Jul 30, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    CadCamMan

CadCamMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mission Viejo, California
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB, 4WD TRD OR, 2.5 Kings
    TRD SC, suspension
    You know those B.O.B. bicycle trailers for dragging your kids behind you? Maybe your load capacity is reduced to that if you have the TRD wheel and tire combo thats targeted in the recall.

But seriously, I don't know what it stands for. I don't have the optional TRD wheels, but the dealer still slapped on the sticker during one visit. Apparently I have the tires, but the load rating was only dropped 3 lbs versus 5 lbs.

9. Jul 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    blacksheep515

Member:
    LOL, OK, I will ask the dealer at my next visit...

10. Jul 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM
    kyleTRDtaco12

kyleTRDtaco12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma Base DCSB 4x4 V6 6MT (202)
    TRD Cat-Back Exhaust TRD Sport Package Springs & Shocks (Front Linear Coil Springs, Rear TSB Leafs) Front & Rear Toyota/Bilstein 40mm Shocks) Silver Toyota 16" SR5 Wheels with 265/70/16 BFGoodrich Rugged Trail T/A Tires w/ Locks OEM Black-Chrome Housed Headlights (SR package) OEM TRDpro Grille Insert RokBlokz Rally MudFlaps w/ Stamped Logo OEM 'TRD Sport' Bedside Graphics TRD QuickShifter w/ TRD Shift Knob Hawk HPS Front Brake Pads w/ Brembo Blank Rotors OEM Front Aluminum Skid-Plate eBay TRD seat covers Rear Diff. Breather Mod A/C Drain Extension Mod OEM Fog Light Kit OEM Intermittent Wiper Switch OEM Bed D-Rings OEM Bed Mat OEM Door Sill Protectors Blacked-Out Badges (from Xrunner 205 Black Sand Pearl) Pop & Lock Tailgate Handle TruXedo TruXsport Roll-Up Tonneau Cover AVS BugFlector II Front Bug Guard AVS In-Channel Window Vent Visors TRD High Pressure Radiator Cap Stubby Radio Antenna Ultra-Gauge EM v1.2 w/ Windshield Mount BullaCulla 7-Pin Relocation Bracket Misc. Stickers
    yes i believe so, because when i had my lowering springs put on my 2010 toyota corolla XRS at the dealer it came back with that sticker, and a 10 pound reduction in carrying weight sticker

Products Discussed in

To Top