1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed LR UCA's.. something missing?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by xgalvanxgx, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Jul 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM
    xgalvanxgx

xgalvanxgx [OP] seymour butts

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerardo
    OC (Lake Forest) California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road BlackSandPearl 07 PreRunner
    DTF Race Kit with 2.5 x 10 Kings, DMZ SUA rear with 16" triple bypass Kings, King bumpstops front and rear, 17" KMC RG1 powdered in Matte Bronze with black ring with 37" BFG KO2s, front and rear DTF bumpers, front Fiberwerx glass and Mcneil trophy bedsides, K&N 77 Series Intake, Magnaflow, Pioneer touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate 10" sub with box and amp. Dyanamat walls, Andres' devil horn emblem, 50" D4 curved LED bar, rear chase light rack (brake, ambers, white lights) Engine brace, deleted inner wheel wells for max up travel. Cab roll rage built into bedcage.
    so today me and my pops installed LR UCA's and we got a tiny prob.. we got a gap where the bolt is showing here in these pictures

IMG_0396_26c918a9dbf04484221f87a25928396eced32962.jpg</a>

and heres a close up of the gap
    closeup_57d2b8f174ec6cd51b863ad2786016ed769804f8.jpg</a>

so basically when i stop the UCAs slide forward and when i accelerate they shift back and forth etc. im not driving it at the moment. anyone tell me how to fix this please!! :confused: do i need a rubber washer in the middle or what is the prob?

2. Jul 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Did it come with 8 thick washers? They go on either side of each bushing.

3. Jul 28, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    DR Da_da

DR Da_da Infrequent Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 V6 TRD Offroad auto access cab
    ToyTec ultimate lift, LR UCAs, TRD gen 1 CAI, TRD cat-back, bull bar, anytime fog lights, lighted 4x4 switch, factory SS step tubes, factory interior lighting package, factory VIP 3200 alarm, FJ TRD center caps, rear diff breather relocate, tint, bug deflector, Weather Tech liners
    It looks like your control arms have LR's previous bushings installed (there's an updated poly bushing that's out now). With your type of bushings your kit should have come with 8 large washers that go on each side of the bushing housings. Call LR if you're missing those washers.

4. Jul 28, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    xgalvanxgx

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerardo
    Vehicle:
    DTF Race Kit with 2.5 x 10 Kings, DMZ SUA rear with 16" triple bypass Kings, King bumpstops front and rear, 17" KMC RG1 powdered in Matte Bronze with black ring with 37" BFG KO2s, front and rear DTF bumpers, front Fiberwerx glass and Mcneil trophy bedsides, K&N 77 Series Intake, Magnaflow, Pioneer touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate 10" sub with box and amp. Dyanamat walls, Andres' devil horn emblem, 50" D4 curved LED bar, rear chase light rack (brake, ambers, white lights) Engine brace, deleted inner wheel wells for max up travel. Cab roll rage built into bedcage.
    nah i didnt get those. where can i get em?

5. Jul 28, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more

Get a hold of Specialty products. They have great customer service. Did you buy your UCA's new?

http://www.spcalignment.com/

6. Jul 28, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    xgalvanxgx

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerardo
    Vehicle:
    no i bought em off a member here with 4k. ill contact SPC thanks!

7. Jul 29, 2012 at 9:49 PM
    xgalvanxgx

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerardo
    Vehicle:
    does anyone know which washers i need for my LR UCA's? its the weekend and well i wanna order them already.

8. Jul 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Call SPC in the morning dude.

9. Jul 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM
    xgalvanxgx

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerardo
    Vehicle:
    ok.. :/ haha

Products Discussed in

To Top