Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ultragauge rip off

Old 07-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Dsmooth87 has a spectacular aura aboutDsmooth87 has a spectacular aura about
Law Enforcement:
Dsmooth87's Tacoma Gallery
Ultragauge rip off

bought a brand new ultraguage. and now my screen looks like this. it wont let me flip through to different screen settings no matter what i press. and it keeps restarting constantly, only to return to this screen... it doesn't even beep when buttons are pressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Ultragauge rip off-photo.jpg  
Old 07-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
pretend this is a clever saying
brandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant futurebrandonn has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
brandonn's Tacoma Gallery
Call ultragauge and get a new one.. these things happen sometimes with electronics.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Mine died too, then bought this one.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...dash-hawk.html
Old 07-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonn View Post
Call ultragauge and get a new one.. these things happen sometimes with electronics.
This. I am sure they will work with you with no problems.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
Dsmooth87 has a spectacular aura aboutDsmooth87 has a spectacular aura about
Law Enforcement:
Dsmooth87's Tacoma Gallery
i guess i found the problem.

There is a bug in the UltraGauge EM 1.2 which will result in a garbled display when the current page is changed. Typically this happens when changing the page to page 6 or 7. Once garbled, UltraGauge will then reboot after ~16 seconds. At this point UltraGauge will continue to reboot every ~16 seconds.

To restore UltraGauge, please follow the procedure below.

The bug is caused by unassigning a gauge. For example, if RPM is assigned to zone 1, and this assignment is removed by changing the zone for RPM to blank, the display will become garbled next time the page is changed.
Avoid this issue by not individually unassigning gauges.
Please note that it is not necessary to first unassign a zone before assigning a new gauge to that zone.
For example, If Zone 1 is set to RPM, but you would like zone 1 assigned to MPH, simply assign MPH to zone 1. This will automatically unassign RPM, without issue.
If you would like to leave zones unassigned to make the display less populated with gauges, considering changing the gauge display format to display 4 gauges instead of 6.

If you must unassign a gauge, the "Unassign All Gauges" command can be used. This will unassign all gauges on all pages and then new page/zone/gauge assignments can be made.
MENU --> Gauge/Page Menu .. --> Select Gauge/Page --> Unassign All Gauges

Restoring a garbled display:
1. Unplug UltraGauge
2. Set the ignition to the RUN position
3. Press and hold the MENU key.
4. Plug in UltraGauge.
5. Wait 5 seconds, Release the MENU key. The MENU system will start.
6. Select UltraGauge Setup.. --> Restore ALL Defaults.

You will then be prompted to confirm. Once confirmed UltraGauge will reboot and begin Scanning for the interface and protocol used. Once found UltraGauge will begin Gauge discovery.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting. Thanks for the follow-up.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Mine took a crap...after I yanked on the cable with my foot and it exploded when it hit my dash. Ooops.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Utard

Name: Mark

Derp person.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Never had an issue with my UG but good to know the re-boot procedure. I no longer have the UG in the truck switched gauges.

The UG gauge before the switch:

New Gauge:
Old 07-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #11
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round II View Post
Never had an issue with my UG but good to know the re-boot procedure. I no longer have the UG in the truck switched gauges.

The UG gauge before the switch:

New Gauge:
You sly devil....
Old 07-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #12
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Felt cheap (the buttons on back barely worked) and it took way too long to calibrate, so I sent mine back.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
What exactly is that you did there?
Areoforce gauge in the 4wd selector spot.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Areoforce gauge in the 4wd selector spot.
I'd rather have the 4wd Selector
Old 07-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #16
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
So where did you move the 4x4 switch Round ii ?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #17
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
I'd guess he didn't have one to relocate...
Old 07-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #19

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Twin sticks FTW
I suppose that would be the ultimate 4wd selector relocation!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #20
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'd rather have the 4wd Selector
Don't need one
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
The garbage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'd guess he didn't have one to relocate...
He had one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Thanks. Nice product, but @ $249 it's also hell-of-a expensive.
The twin sticks were way more expensive than the gauge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Twin sticks FTW

Also, that gauge has a remote.