Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

whistle nosie at 80+ mph?????

Old 07-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
desertyoda is on a distinguished road

Name: bryan
desertyoda's Tacoma Gallery
whistle nosie at 80+ mph?????

hey everyone, i just got back from a road trip after dealing with a b.s. whistle noise, seemed to be comming from front windshield/driver side area. dealers have been useless. has anyone else encountered this issue?? any success with a solution??
Old 07-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
MBTacoma12 is on a distinguished road
MBTacoma12's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe a seal is leaking somewhere
Old 07-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Ever have your windshield replaced? How tight do your doors seal?
Old 07-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
do you have a 2012? i remember reading somewhere about a leaky hood seal or something. Ill try to find it
Old 07-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertyoda View Post
hey everyone, i just got back from a road trip after dealing with a b.s. whistle noise, seemed to be comming from front windshield/driver side area. dealers have been useless. has anyone else encountered this issue?? any success with a solution??
Yea slow down. It's an audible alert...

JK. There is a tsb for the windshield Buffett.

Try putting some masking tape around the windshield and road test. If it's gone the tsb applies.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My windshield used to whistle like that...its a weak seal/gasket....have your windshield replaced and it'll go away
Old 07-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #7

windshields still factory installed just double check all my seals, i dont see any cracks tears or issues
Old 07-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen a fair amount of discussion on this.....High pitched buzz from the top of the windshield at speed particularily on a windy day. As mentioned there is a TSB on it. My '07 didn't do it but my '10 does under the above mentioned conditions. The next time it happens push on the top of your windshield at different spots and I think you'll find the noise changes.

Are you familiar with the TSB term?
Old 07-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
4x4Taco2012's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a '12 there are a couple of TSBs on it. You can search for them on the site.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
if its not the windshield it could be this
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...dentified.html
Old 07-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
windshields still factory installed just double check all my seals, i dont see any cracks tears or issues
Doesn't matter. Tape it up and drive it.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #12
Taco Dyl is on a distinguished road
Name: Dylan
Taco Dyl's Tacoma Gallery
had the exact same thing on my 2011 my local dealership was useless and wudnt replace it cuz it didnt make the noise when they drove it. the one i bought it from though ( an hour away) replaced it without even driving it. problem solved
Old 07-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Dyl View Post
had the exact same thing on my 2011 my local dealership was useless and wudnt replace it cuz it didnt make the noise when they drove it. the one i bought it from though ( an hour away) replaced it without even driving it. problem solved
He should take the time and confirm the issue. No sense on playing with a windshield if it won't solve it.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #14

Nope what the term tsb?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #15
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope what the term tsb?
technical service bulletin...
Old 07-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #16
Breaker of Wheeling Rules #1 and #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
I've had this issue from literally day one.

1) What are the key words I say to the stealership to get them to do the TSB?
2) What is it that is done to fix it? Complete windshield replacement? Shim? Caulk?
3) I wonder if this problem isn't maybe unique *only* to those with a hood scoop? It's obviously an aerodynamics issue, and having sat in both seats when it happens I notice it's in the middle, pretty much right where the scoop is. Anyone with a flathood have this problem?
Old 07-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #17
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
My offroad does it. The "tabs" TSB fix didnt do anything. Resealing the window made it only happen at 90+ mph but it still does it somehow. Right by the rearview mirror only. It used to do it in a couple places. This is the high pitched kazoo sound right?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #18
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Here, see attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
He should take the time and confirm the issue. No sense on playing with a windshield if it won't solve it.
This is exactly what Toyota recommends. They should use tape to confirm the condition before performing the TSB work.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T-SB-0062-12-Windshield Wind Noise.pdf (120.7 KB, 178 views)
Old 07-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #19
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
I hardly go over 60mph so I can't help you... lol
Old 07-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #20
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
I have it when I have high cross winds and it sounds like a kazoo.