1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Radio Turning on and Off

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SilverTacoEater, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Jul 30, 2012 at 4:50 AM
    SilverTacoEater

SilverTacoEater [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    I've been having some issues with my 11' SR5 Tacoma radio. While i'm driving down the road or even sometimes just sitting, the radio will turn, change channel, or the LED screen will start to flash and shut off. Also, sometimes i'll try and change the channel and it won't let me change it or everything will work ok with changing the channel but the back light will stop working or the screen will shut off, but i'll still be able to hear music and change the channel. :confused:

These problems generally happen at least once a day while driving. I notice it happening most of the time when going over a bump or the vehicle is jarred although i have noticed it happening for no apparent reason at all while sitting at a stop light.

I read a thread a while ago where another member had the same issues and i believe someone said there was a TSB for the issue but i can't seem the find the thread nor a TSB for the problem in the TSB sticky. I'm hoping that theres a TSB for it because my dealer has been less than understanding or helpful regarding my sagging rear springs and squeaky blower motor. :mad:

Any help would be appreciated! :)

2. Jul 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM
    msting22

msting22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcus
    Powder Springs, GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand TRD Off Road
    WeatherTech - Floor Mats Black out badges General Grabber AT2 TRD Baja Rims
    I think you may have a ghost in your truck.

Sorry, thats all I got.

M.

Products Discussed in

To Top