1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NEED HELP/ADVICE- Cylinder 1 misfire code

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacomaGus, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Aug 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    Truck has been driving fine as long as i had it and have never had a CEL, even with my LT headers and maf cal(i have the 02 sim tho).

But today was a different story, started to come up my driveway and truck started to shutter violently and CEL started flashing. Took it to my neighbors garage and he hooked it up and the code was for a cylinder one misfire. They think that it might just be a spark plug or coil pack, maybe a clogged injector but I put in injector cleaner every couple of months so i doubt it. Truck was in no condition to drive so its siting there until they trial and error the coil and spark plug.

Have any of you had this, or know what the fix is?

My fear is that the headers or maf cal caused it, god i hope not....

2. Aug 1, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    The injector cleaner has fouled the plugs?

Plugs are cheap just replace # 1 and go from there.

Check to make sure plug boot is on plug first.

3. Aug 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    ya starting with the plugs, then coils. Just hope it ends there...

4. Sep 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    NOFINISHLINE

NOFINISHLINE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5
    Tailgate Mod, JBA Long-tube headers, Demello offroad baja front bumper, carrier bearing spacer, Icon Coilover + Icon UCA, Fox remote reservoir rear shocks, OME Dakar leaf springs
    This just happened to me today! I installed JBA long tube headers last week and today had the same rough idle/CEL/ cylinder 1 misfire code.
    Have you figured out what the issue is?

5. Sep 5, 2012 at 5:52 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    it was my plugs. They were about 20k miles overdue and the extra load of the headers just put them over the top. Runs smooth now

6. Sep 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    92dlxman

92dlxman drinking whats on sale

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 access 4x4 4.0 6-gear
    5100s, ome884s, wheelers aal kit, and some rustoleum
    good to hear. thanks for the follow up

7. Sep 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    NOFINISHLINE

NOFINISHLINE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5
    Tailgate Mod, JBA Long-tube headers, Demello offroad baja front bumper, carrier bearing spacer, Icon Coilover + Icon UCA, Fox remote reservoir rear shocks, OME Dakar leaf springs
    Good to know! Glad you figured it out. Looks like I will be doing a tune up this weekend.

8. Sep 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    Glad you have it figured up. Just a note though, you can run cleaner through your injectors all you want, and an injector can still fail electrically. It is not the most common, but it does happen. Glad it was just plugs!

Products Discussed in

To Top