Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

NEED HELP/ADVICE- Cylinder 1 misfire code

Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
NEED HELP/ADVICE- Cylinder 1 misfire code

Truck has been driving fine as long as i had it and have never had a CEL, even with my LT headers and maf cal(i have the 02 sim tho).

But today was a different story, started to come up my driveway and truck started to shutter violently and CEL started flashing. Took it to my neighbors garage and he hooked it up and the code was for a cylinder one misfire. They think that it might just be a spark plug or coil pack, maybe a clogged injector but I put in injector cleaner every couple of months so i doubt it. Truck was in no condition to drive so its siting there until they trial and error the coil and spark plug.

Have any of you had this, or know what the fix is?

My fear is that the headers or maf cal caused it, god i hope not....
Old 09-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
NOFINISHLINE is on a distinguished road
NOFINISHLINE's Tacoma Gallery
This just happened to me today! I installed JBA long tube headers last week and today had the same rough idle/CEL/ cylinder 1 misfire code.
Have you figured out what the issue is?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFINISHLINE View Post
This just happened to me today! I installed JBA long tube headers last week and today had the same rough idle/CEL/ cylinder 1 misfire code.
Have you figured out what the issue is?
it was my plugs. They were about 20k miles overdue and the extra load of the headers just put them over the top. Runs smooth now
Old 09-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
good to hear. thanks for the follow up
Old 09-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
NOFINISHLINE is on a distinguished road
NOFINISHLINE's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know! Glad you figured it out. Looks like I will be doing a tune up this weekend.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you have it figured up. Just a note though, you can run cleaner through your injectors all you want, and an injector can still fail electrically. It is not the most common, but it does happen. Glad it was just plugs!