1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to access upper blank switch locations

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Priddle, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Aug 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM
    Priddle

Priddle [OP] And now for something completely different....

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    Current: Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, winch, icon front coils/shocks, Icon rear shocks, Dakar leafs, Camberg UCAs, Pumpkin Android stereo, custom sub box w/ 2x10" RF subs and Kicker amp, short shifter kit, Fuel Beast 18" wheels w/ 1mm offset, BFG AT2 285/65/18
    I'll soon be installing fog lights and would like to place the switch as per the location in this image

[​IMG]

I removed the tray down below and stuck my hand up but the dark part of the dash extends inward and prevents me from reaching it. So how does one get the switch installed there that doesn't involve removing the entire dash.

I was sizing up how the dash is removed and the foot rest block under and to the side of the clutch is what stumped me. You can sort of see it in that image. I have to remove that to get at a screw to remove the bottom panel to get at another screw to remove the dash. Even then its still a big job.

Thanks

2. Aug 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    I was able to reach through that little fuse box door to get at them. definitely a tight squeeze, but thats how i did it.

3. Aug 2, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are FOOD, not friends!

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    RIP 2006 Tacoma DCSB
    Tundra 5.7 mod
    This, and pop the lower switch blanks through the fuse cover /tray opening so you can feed the wiring to the upper switch with your fingertips through the lower switch openings. Yeah, it takes a bit of patience and determination.

To remove the foot rest, simply pull it firmly toward you. It will pop off the clips.

4. Nov 24, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    rawdog

rawdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Kelowna B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport Upgrade PKG DCSB
    all I did was pry the blank off with a flat head.. be gentle, then stick your fingers thru the hole and pull on the other switches

5. Nov 24, 2012 at 5:35 PM
    Mt.Boy

Mt.Boy Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Molalla, OR
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I too was able to get the blanks out without dis assembling the dash. I use a thin flat knife blade and carefully slid it through the bottom edge of the blank to release the locking tab. then used a small screwdriver to pry the side of the blank out. Take your time and be gentle, they will come out.

Products Discussed in

To Top