1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Debadge or not to Debage

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dirtfan, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Aug 3, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    dirtfan

dirtfan [OP] Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner SR5
    My boss and I both own 2012's. There are significant differences between the 2 trucks but for the sake of this post we will say they are identical just different colors. Do you think if one of us traded ours in at a dealership (never gonna happen) but do you think I would get more $$$ for mine on trade if it was badged or would he get more for his if it was debadged? Please help us settle this debate.

2. Aug 3, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I say take the badges off and paint them a different color.

As for trade in's, they won't care one way or the other if they are on the truck or not.

3. Aug 3, 2012 at 8:19 AM
    Tioloco

Tioloco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Oakland Park, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Sport
    TracRac G2, Xtrang Trifecta, ImMrYo Mirror Bracket, Konig Countersteer X Bronze, debadged, Custom grill/tailgate badges, Bilstein 5100's front, BAMF light bar, KC Slimlites, Redline hood struts, Smittybilt XRC8, UWMS, in-cab winch controls, Grillcraft MX, Brite Box
    I don't think it matters in the slightest. Used cars are a commodity these days and dealers don't look at minutia. They want to know if there is major body damage, and the general condition, but that's all. They wholesale or auction the majority of them anyway.

When I bought my new Taco, I rode my bicycle to the dealership (not expecting to actually purchase) and ended up taking it home in the bed of the truck. They made the deal without ever seeing my trade-in. I drove it over to them the next day.

Products Discussed in

To Top