LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Tactical Tacoma H7

Old 08-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #21
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadwonder View Post
Alright, I can't keep my mouth shut...

Really? Is there anyone out there that actually thinks that 500 pound monstrosity of a bull bar is a good idea?
what would a viable alternative be? that looks like more then just a smittybilt bull bar lol..
Old 08-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #22
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #23
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Are half the people reading this realizing the purpose of this truck is to be up-armored protection for personnel in the middle-east, not a recreational offroader?

They have different needs from you, people. And looks is barely on the list at all.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #24
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Are half the people reading this realizing the purpose of this truck is to be up-armored protection for personnel in the middle-east, not a recreational offroader?

They have different needs from you, people. And looks is barely on the list at all.
It's not taticool enough for me.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #25
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You forget this is TW.

But I agree itll be a Bad ass rig for them
Old 08-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #26
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is awesome. Looks, eh, but like said above, the guys that are using this, arent crawling the local food court and could give less than a crap about what it looks like. I like it.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #27
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
It's not taticool enough for me.
Haterz gonna hate
Old 08-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #28
offroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Jared
offroadwonder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
what would a viable alternative be? that looks like more then just a smittybilt bull bar lol..
Just about anything, IMO. Look at the way that thing is mounted and you can tell that it has a tremendous amount of leverage against the frame that it is (hopefully) mounted to. The first thing they try to hit/push with that is likely to mangle the frame. Not to mention look at how vulnerable the winch is.

Quote:

That is exactly my point. This doesn't appear functional at all. It has mall crawler written all over it. I've been in/around many armored vehicles, military and civilian, and there is almost nothing in this picture (other than the fact that it is a Tacoma) that looks like an armored vehicle I would trust my life to.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #29
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
^^Thats just it though, its NOT supposed to be a fully armored combat vehicle. They're looking for it to be light enough for air lift and dispatch via helicopter, and agile enough to avoid being caught in shitty situations with the ability to push some obstacles out of they way. They're not looking to plow through walls and take on RPGs...
Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #30
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Secret Squirell, Contract Completed
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadwonder View Post
Just about anything, IMO. Look at the way that thing is mounted and you can tell that it has a tremendous amount of leverage against the frame that it is (hopefully) mounted to. The first thing they try to hit/push with that is likely to mangle the frame. Not to mention look at how vulnerable the winch is.

That is exactly my point. This doesn't appear functional at all. It has mall crawler written all over it. I've been in/around many armored vehicles, military and civilian, and there is almost nothing in this picture (other than the fact that it is a Tacoma) that looks like an armored vehicle I would trust my life to.

Its functional. If they bend the frame pitting someone then our taco is weaker than a crown vic. 15mph is nothing with that bumper IMO. Cool guys like quick and maneuverable vehicles that are reliable. Taco is it. the armor is most likely going to be removed for less weight. Anything they receive that does not meet the mission specs will ultimately be altered or changed either before or mid mission.

Unless its an MRAP, APC, or tank, i would not trust my life to any armor vehicle. It may be built for PPS, dignitary's and such. Who knows...And who said it will definitely go to Asscrackistan? My buddy did pps in iraq. rode around in an up-armored land cruiser. He hated it. they took most of the crap out when they didn't have some whiny person complaining about "no armor".

Just look at it this way, you know how there is different ways to configure the taco for off-roading? there are different scenarios in which different configurations of armor are good and bad.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #31
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
That Tacoma makes a puddle of pee when it sees this Tacoma:

Old 08-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #32
Wallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard:
Wallygater's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure it also has to do with opsec. The cia and the special forces that will be using that truck need to be sort of the down low if you know what I mean? They choose vehicles that kind of blend in. I'm sure there are trucks there that have brush guards. Probably not too many with DO or Relentless bumpers there. From far away that Tacoma looks like a local truck and that is exactly what they are after. I'm sure there is even armor on the backs of the seats to protect the occupants if things go wrong. Go get'em boys!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #33
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Tanks are becoming a thing of the past. Air strikes are much more common, so special forces just need something that can move quickly with some firepower. I'm sure the truck the OP shared is perfect for special forces, while that hunk of armored crap would be an RPG magnet.

This is a regular, every day truck in Zambia...

Here is an Army vehicle in Syria...

Old 08-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #35
Dave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 3rd SFG
Name: Dave
Dave333's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah guys, speaking from experience that Tacoma is perfect for any work in Iraq, Afghanistan or Pakistan. You have to keep in mind a few things. When sourcing parts, most military operations cannot place an order of 100 bumpers with any of our sponsors and have a 3 month lead time. They need the gear now. They also need things that the dealership can acquire. All our winches when I've worked oversea's have been on the front bumper. That vehicle isn't meant to be a full on FAV (Fully Armored Vehicle), it's meant to still have some maneuverability, be light and fast and blend in as much as possible with the local populace.

As far as IR goes for NODS, I have no idea. Same with strobes. We usually just used velcro/100mph tape and attached strobes that way.

What you don't understand unless you've ever been in one of those countries is the crap vehicles we are given to run operations with. They are literally purchased down at the bazaar and we have to make due. This is a huge step forward from that.

I've ridden/used the old suburbans/land cruisers/BMW's/GMV's/MRAP/Bear Cats and I always loved the Hilux's. This is the perfect melding of SOF's love for Hilux's and the reliability we get from new vehicles in the states.

If I get more info on it that's okay to post, I'll put it up.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #36
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
still wouldnt set foot on RHT property in fayettenam...
Old 08-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #37
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
still wouldnt set foot on RHT property in fayettenam...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mscxopDjtT4
Old 08-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #38
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
That Tacoma makes a puddle of pee when it sees this Tacoma:

Did Cornbred get a new truck??

I am sure there are a couple of people here that know what I am talking about....

G
Old 08-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #39
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Saw this today at the Rick Hendricks while I was having my Speedo cable replaced. Front and rear windows are plexiglass, the passenger side of the dashboard has been cutout to accommidate a 13" toughbook. Center console has been modified to hold 4 M-4 Carbines, rear bench seat was changed to bucket seats. One of the salesman told me that the front bumper was incorporated into the frame. Toe hooks on the front and the rear were stout to say the least and looked like the rear leaf pack was either a Dakar or All-Pro. Rails in the bed were integreated into the frame for more support and the bed rings looked strong. Overall looked pretty good, but didn't see what else there was inside or under the hood. Took some picks and posted them in the Live thread here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...live-9747.html
Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #40
Dave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 3rd SFG
Name: Dave
Dave333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbronzo View Post
Saw this today at the Rick Hendricks while I was having my Speedo cable replaced. Front and rear windows are plexiglass, the passenger side of the dashboard has been cutout to accommidate a 13" toughbook. Center console has been modified to hold 4 M-4 Carbines, rear bench seat was changed to bucket seats. One of the salesman told me that the front bumper was incorporated into the frame. Toe hooks on the front and the rear were stout to say the least and looked like the rear leaf pack was either a Dakar or All-Pro. Rails in the bed were integreated into the frame for more support and the bed rings looked strong. Overall looked pretty good, but didn't see what else there was inside or under the hood. Took some picks and posted them in the Live thread here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...live-9747.html
Nice man. Thanks for the update. Sorry you're still in Fayetteville, left that place in 07 and never looked back.