Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Tactical Tacoma H7

Old 12-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #61
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by overactor View Post
I like the large storage pockets they made. all carbonfiber, huge tie downs, carbonfiber bed liner

interesting...
Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #63
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
What do they plan on doing with this thing? It doesn't seem like it's going to get deployed anywhere.

Very super awesome rig though, might have to check it out.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #64
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Let it get deployed and hit one 40lb IED and it will all be gone. This will be a joke if under heavy contact. Stick with the military rated vehicles.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #65
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Let it get deployed and hit one 40lb IED and it will all be gone. This will be a joke if under heavy contact. Stick with the military rated vehicles.
I think they know that, which is why the truck is designed to not be much of a target in the first place. Under heavy contact, a truck like this will likely be in the fight just long enough to scoot the hell out of the area. Camouflage works on many levels, and these folks are betting their lives on their choices. I'll trust their judgment.

I'm not so sure the bed mat is resin impregnated carbon fiber, but I'm pretty certain the windows aren't acrylic (Plexiglass). The mat is probably some form of para-aramid (Kevlar) designed to provide at least minimal protection from shrapnel. The windows are almost certainly a polycarbonate material, like Lexan.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #66
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious if anyone knows the reason they picked a white truck? To blend in with civilian vehicles? Of course machine gun mounts and all the other upgrades seem to make it stick out from the crowd anyway. I would have figured a tan or more earthy color would have been first choice.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #67
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
Just curious if anyone knows the reason they picked a white truck? To blend in with civilian vehicles? Of course machine gun mounts and all the other upgrades seem to make it stick out from the crowd anyway. I would have figured a tan or more earthy color would have been first choice.
I've never been over there, so this is a guess.

Basic White is a common, cheap color on about every kind of vehicle, especially fleet vehicles like a lot of organizations use. It's also easy to rattle can quickly if need be, so light battle damage could be covered up enough to not be immediately noticeable, especially from a distance and at speed. I've used white duct tape to cover paint damage before and it works surprisingly well. I'm sure they have access to 100 mph white tape, too.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #68
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I think they know that, which is why the truck is designed to not be much of a target in the first place. Under heavy contact, a truck like this will likely be in the fight just long enough to scoot the hell out of the area. Camouflage works on many levels, and these folks are betting their lives on their choices. I'll trust their judgment.
I forgot that you get a map issued to you where all the IED's and ambush sites are when you get in country. I get the whole " we want to be fast and maneuverable" thing. For what it is, it's a neat idea. I wouldn't get in that thing. My feet work just as good. Enough bickering about it.
There is a real tactical vehicle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
Bang on. Just about every vehicle there is white unless it's a motorcycle or a jingle truck.

Jingle Trucks:
Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #69
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
I forgot that you get a map issued to you where all the IED's and ambush sites are when you get in country. I get the whole " we want to be fast and maneuverable" thing. For what it is, it's a neat idea. I wouldn't get in that thing. My feet work just as good.
You continue to miss the point, but thanks for the photos.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #70
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting
Old 01-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #71
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a entry from Wikipedia's listing for Tacomas:

During Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Enduring Freedom, multiple Toyota Tacomas have been observed in use by special forces units of the U.S. Army. Typically, they have been Double Cab models, with SR5 and TRD packages.
Despite the fact that the Hilux, from which the Tacoma is descended, is extremely common in the Middle East, the special forces found it to be easier to purchase Tacomas from American dealerships, modify them appropriately, and ship them to their areas. The gasoline engine used is significantly quieter than the diesel engines used in the HMMWV and some Hilux models. These were modified by eliminating the factory radio, along with almost all exterior lights and door buzzers. The front headlights have been modified to work in IR, in order to work with night vision. The engines are unmodified, but the vehicles have been fitted with brush guards, Warn winches, and a rollbar with a machine gun mount.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:56 AM   #72
Liam1234 is on a distinguished road
Liam1234's Tacoma Gallery
One would assume that if they wanted to blend in over there, they would not use a Tacoma, they would use a Hilux. Unless anyone is positive this if for US troops, my guess 1. Someone with deep pockets 2: Hollywood creation for a movie.??

Seems off to me this is sitting in a dealer showroom floor but is also for SF? I would hope they are smarter than that.....