Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Tactical Tacoma H7

Old 08-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Dave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 3rd SFG
Name: Dave
Dave333's Tacoma Gallery
New Tactical Tacoma H7

Any of you around Rick Hendrick Toyota in Fayetteville, NC? My buddy that's still in 3rd Group sent me this pic. They are still working on it but so far it looks nice. I don't know anything else about it except what's pictured. I like the windshield and the swivel mount for the 240 is nice. Don't know who makes the front bumper. Also note the Toughbook on the passenger side. I'll post up more pics if he gets any.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
i would imagine an up armored taco would suffer from a few issues with all of the extra weight that's associated with what it takes to make up something like that.

but still very badass!!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Dave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dave333's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I'd agree. I work oversea's contracting now and our Suburbans have major suspension/brake/transmission issues. Most of these armor companies never increase the suspension components or gearing to accomodate the weight. If guys on the ground actually designed these things, there would be a lot of improvements.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the time when people on here say they have a "tactical tacoma" that means they added ebay headlights, black wheels, and perhaps all terrain tires.

Thank you for breaking the trend.

This thing is kickass. Looking forward to more info as it comes along!
Old 08-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
JCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JCBigler's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like a real plate bumper would bet a better choice than that bull bar set up. But the machine gun mount gets awesome points.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Bajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Remote Duty Paramedic
Bajatacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave333 View Post
Yeah, I'd agree. I work oversea's contracting now and our Suburbans have major suspension/brake/transmission issues. Most of these armor companies never increase the suspension components or gearing to accomodate the weight. If guys on the ground actually designed these things, there would be a lot of improvements.
That and the door hinges can't take the weight of the armor in the doors and they start sagging; we had issues with that on our Land Cruisers and Suburbans, the Fords SuperDuty trucks fared a little better.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
SoJersey's Tacoma Gallery
oem bhlm?!?! ill take the lights. the rest of the shit is ghey
Old 08-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
They need a Middle Eastern advisor.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
brianv3ntura is on a distinguished road
brianv3ntura's Tacoma Gallery
Idk.. looks awfully plain except for the front. Just throws it wayyyy off.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
The best part about this thread is everyone talking about how it looks.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #12
Dave333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
The best part about this thread is everyone talking about how it looks.
Yep. Most teams care more about if it'll hold up. Those bumpers are fine for pushing vehicles through traffic. We're talking like 10 - 15 mph pushes. It's not like in Act of Valor, there is no high speed 60 mph crashing through houses and traffic in Afghanistan or Iraq. Those usually turn into mass casualties.

I think it'll work for what they need it to, light maneuvering over rocky terrain. Think off roading in Montanna. Remember, the guys they're fighting over there just have regular Hilux's...so all they have to do is have the ability to go where they go...mountains and steep approaches require dismounted elements.

Basically, the truck works great because it can be loaded into a Chinook and with its minimal armor makes it light enough for the bird to be able to carry it at altitude. Then delivered with guys in remote areas. Humvee's have to be slung load and stripped down due to the weight.

Our problem in the past was we had to acquire trucks off the local market and modify them to suit our needs. This requires welding weapons mounts, strapping armor on, etc. all on a truck that you don't know the mechanical condition of nor have the ability to obtain spare parts. Having a brand new vehicle from a dealership with the ability to deploy with an inventory of commonly broken parts is a huge advantage to the mission.

Just thought I'd shed some light on why I consider this truck so bad ass.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:23 AM   #14
Hoist Rider
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave333 View Post
Any of you around Rick Hendrick Toyota in Fayetteville, NC? My buddy that's still in 3rd Group sent me this pic. They are still working on it but so far it looks nice. I don't know anything else about it except what's pictured. I like the windshield and the swivel mount for the 240 is nice. Don't know who makes the front bumper. Also note the Toughbook on the passenger side. I'll post up more pics if he gets any.

Yes, I may drive over and take a look.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Are they planning on adding IR lights to it? so the can utilizing their NVGs? Also do they plan on adding strobes, rear and under body cams?
Old 08-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #16
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, but if they (Toyota) charge extra 4k for the TX PRO package, this must be an arm and a leg, maybe a child.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #18
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
^^^how many times do i have to see that POS? Jesus, cant log onto TW without seeing it or a thread about it. Its a matter of National security that we destroy that thing
Old 08-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #19
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Nice brush guard. It might stop some branches.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #20
offroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to beholdoffroadwonder is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Jared
offroadwonder's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, I can't keep my mouth shut...

Really? Is there anyone out there that actually thinks that 500 pound monstrosity of a bull bar is a good idea?