1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SDHQ-BUILD-BEST-BEST?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RadSurfTaco, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Aug 6, 2012 at 8:24 AM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    Thats a very nice build indeed. Sorry to the original owner who spent all that money to not see it back. . .

My issue is this. He spent 80k and well, it looks amazing and over the top. I'm saying that because with all that $$$ dropped into it. The suspension is lacking imho.

Give me some air bumps, bypasses, rear suspension work? box frame? gussets? engine cage? Heck, 80k. . . Give me a roll cage as well.

Amazing show truck but for 80k, I'd expect more.

Heck the 5k paint job is just not going to be worth it if you take it out in the desert. Satin or Matte Black is the easiest to show scratches and look like shit. Vinyl wrap that shit.

The front bumper is real nice and the hidden LED light bar in the front is NO longer a Rare thing these days. :rolleyes:

I'm salty as a ton of people is rocking that design now.

Great build for sure! The attention to detail is fantastic! Love it and well. Thats what I expect from SDHQ~ Change the rims and get 35s!

2. Aug 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

SDHQ OFFROAD Cuz Stock Sucks! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    I guess I don't understand why you have an issue with a truck that was built to another persons specs. I'm sure you would build something different if it was your money we were talking about, but it's not. He wanted a particular looking & functional truck for his use, his type of use is not the same type of use you might want it to be. Bottom line is the customer ended up with exactly what he wanted.

And unless he went and got a second paint job.. He didn't spend 5k on the paint... Not everything on the internet is truth...

As far as you being "salty" because "everyone" is rocking that front bumper design.. IMO there is no reason to be "salty" if we aren't... We built that style bumper on a Taco 6 years ago... Plenty of people have copied our design and we take it as a compliment.. Well mostly a compliment, sometime a laugh... The laugh comes out when we read how someone built a bumper just as nice as ours for 10% of the cost.. and at that cost they got the same material, fit & finish, function and looks... LOL

3. Aug 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    Guess you took it the wrong way. I never doubt your guys attention to detail and nice builds. What I'm saying like others are as well. The amount of $$$$ poured into that Tacoma is well over the top. Does it look nice? Sure does. I'm glad the customer got exactly what he wanted and well....That was short lived. Who knows why he/she sold it.

You guys build real nice bumpers that cover all the ends and means to guys who can afford them. No doubt their nice and well made. However most of us can't drop 2-3k on a bumper tagged with SDHQ. Those who do. Kudos to them.

I just said for the amount of money the guy put into it. The fact he has 4 bucket seats and all those other cool things most Fully built LT trucks don't have. He is missing the important things don't you think? This was never a response to chap your hide in your nice A/C office. It was my opinion with the dollar amounts invested into that thing. Invested might be the wrong word as well. Its going for 46% off the original build price. In the end, you guys pocketed the money and did the great work.

Once again, nice build and very nice front bumper. I only gave a honest opinion in regards and so did the rest of us.

Keywords are : 80k! :eek:

4. Aug 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Blygy

Blygy Well-Known Member

Member:
    East of Edson
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2012 DCLB TRD Sport Trail Teams
    Trail Teams Edition Supercharger
    CUSTOM SDHQ FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS $7,000

Front and rear bumpers are 7K?? holy crap..

5. Aug 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    it seem I did take that the wrong way, I apologize. Beers are on me tonight :cheers:

in regards to whats "important" that varies between each build and each customer. No two customers are the same.

6. Aug 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    ssmith29440

ssmith29440 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TxPro Trd
    To rich for my blood but it's still agood looking truck and a head turner. Someone will end up being the proud owner. Just won't be me.

7. Aug 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Badass truck for sure.

8. Aug 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    gotta have it for mobbing the deserts in Fort Mill, SC!!!

9. Aug 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    :burnrubber:

10. Aug 7, 2012 at 11:50 AM
    TRIAD Powderworks

TRIAD Powderworks Powder Coater/ Dirt Thrower

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    San Diego CA.
    Vehicle:
    97 LT 5 Lugger and 2020 OR4x4
    WHOA! That looks just like my bumper!!! Well, close anyways..

11. Aug 7, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    So the TW crowd thinks this rig is overpriced but the POS someone posted the other day 'built' by the stealership and selling for 50k was a good deal!?!

:facepalm:

While I have not seen any of SDHQ's work in person I am a member of a forum one of their employees is and he is always posting pics of great work and excellent rigs. 45k for this kind of work on a truck OTD is a great price IMO. Hell 1/2 of the members here are paying 35k for a stock Tacoma and that's a joke IMO.

12. Aug 7, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I paid $42K for my stock DCLB 4x4 Sport

13. Aug 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    So in a short summary SDHQ does great work and this truck is a hell of a deal no matter how you look at it, even if your blind.

Hell I have over 10k into my truck and would burn it in a second if I could get my hands on this rig.

14. Aug 7, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    bjhn83

bjhn83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Columbia, MO
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 DCSB Grandpa Shell
    3" Toytec lift, 285/75/16 BFG AT KO's on Pro Comp 7089's, Yellow fog lights, Satoshi
    Sick truck! I love the flat black paint and who isn't a fan of the fenders.
    Is it wrong of me to hope that my paint gets bad enough one day to justify a flat black respray? :D

Products Discussed in

To Top