Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HILUX vs TACOMA

Old 01-09-2009, 05:11 AM   #1
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
HILUX vs TACOMA

which one you like better? and why? anyone think the hilux looks like the frontier?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma -- but if I lived overseas in an area that only had the Hilux, I'd rock it.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:40 AM   #3
GGTaco is an unknown quantity at this point
Air Force: Squadron Commander
GGTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here in Georgia FSU only Hilux, no Tacoma's but when I see one I think of mine back home and it makes me smile. Hilux is ok but our Tacoma have a little better exterior styling unless you are into the minimalist stuff, then I guess you would like the looks.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:45 AM   #4
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody got a pic of a Hilux? Don't think I've seen one before. I guess I could use the google, but this is easier.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:49 AM   #6
betz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud of

Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: Steve
betz.steven's Tacoma Gallery
I drove a hilux when i was deployed, they are bad ass trucks. but yes the exterior styling is definitely for the minimalist.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
probably already been posted, but if you havn't seen this...check it out:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...75685121295378

pic of 09 hilux:

Old 01-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #8
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
31 mpg is pretty good. but holy shit i love my taco
Old 01-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #9
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
I would get one just for the diesel. I think they would look better with a lift and big tires. Maybe an ARB bumper or something too.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #10
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
I would get one just for the diesel. I think they would look better with a lift and big tires. Maybe an ARB bumper or something too.
yea u will definitely need to mod the shit of the exterior to make it look decent
Old 01-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #11
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I like the interior of the Hilux better, but the Tacoma looks better on the outside. That diesel option is awesome.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #12
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
The older style Hi luxs are pretty badass. They look lifted stock; you could probably rock some 35"s on there stock.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #13
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I like the taco more, it looks better IMO. I like the older hiluxs(look like the pickups and basically are) but they have the diesel engine and I heard they have a stronger frame
Old 01-10-2009, 06:55 AM   #14
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
This website has a ton of information about the differences between the hilux and the tacoma.

http://www.brian894x4.com/Hiluxdifferences.html

Kinda makes me pissed at toyota for not giving us the same frame/suspension and engines.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #15
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
That 31MPG is most likely imperial gallons. Still though good milage with the diesel. Heres a couple pics I got from ebay Australia, I don't really like all the lights on the front, but I think it looks a lot better then stock.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #16
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I like the options you can get on the Hilux but I prefer the Tacoma look. I really wish that Toyota would give us all the same options as the Hilux.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #17
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
I want a taco with the d4d diesel...

Can't stand the looks of the new 'Lux...
+1

Drove one while deployed for a year. Loved to drive it, so I odered my Taco while downrage. But no way will I put a Hilux before my Taco
Old 01-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #18
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
drove a 2.4l diesel hilux - new and old - I would have the hilux over the Tacoma because it has a stronger fully boxed frame, and you can get a diesel. It also has a manual transfer case. (2 things bug me about my truck, no fully boxed frame, and electronic t-case- also diesel would be nice).
Old 01-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #19
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
The Hilux is a much better built truck than our Taco's are. The frame is fully boxed, the bodies have extra ribbing in it, the engines are different than ours, not really better, but just better suited for where they roam, but the suspensions are stronger than ours. They are also a tad smaller than ours are. The Tacoma was built for and in the US market. Because of that alot of compromises were made for ride quality.

With all of that said, it depends on what you are going to use your truck for. If your going to blast down the highway there is nothing better than an xrunner. If your going to haul the family around the double cab prerunner or 4x4 is your best bet. But if your looking for something that can run forever, in the wilds of Africa, i'd choose the hilux over our Vaunted Taco's anytime. And this coming from someone who has a very well built Taco.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #20
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery

TRD Hilux 4000SL

Eaton supercharger from the factory, 302 HP. Looks pretty darn ugly IMO, but if I was an Aussie looking for a ride... this just might be what I buy.

The front end kind of reminds me of a Subaru.