1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

airbag light, passenger bag off light, and passenger seat belt blinking...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SoJersey, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Sep 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    I don't know if it will still function with the light, or if the error will tell the airbag controller to not deploy, so you could have a safety issue.
    Regardless, with the light, you have no way of knowing if there is another issue, and if your state has inspections, it won't pass with the light on.

Should only be $65 for the dealer to reset IF the only problem was the truck was started with a connector unplugged and there are no other issues. Same thing happens when people install a new stereo and test the head unit with the bezel (and clock module) disconnected.

2. Oct 1, 2012 at 8:42 AM
    friction

friction Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 RC SR5
    Thanks Rich. I guess I'll bite the bullet and take it in soon. The passenger seat seems to have impression the that someone is always in it now as I am getting the seatbelt chime too...I appreciate the illumination. Thanks again!

3. Oct 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM
    friction

friction Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 RC SR5
    I took it in to the dealership last weekend and they turned off the light for free (under the clock spring recall). Can't beat that with a stick.

4. Jun 22, 2014 at 6:50 AM
    Pachystima

Pachystima New Member

Member:
    SE Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Std. Cab 4x4
    I had a similar problem except it was the seat pressing on a bag of tools I keep behind the seat. My 100 pound wife would not activate the "ON" circuit but I would at 165 pounds. I moved the tools and the problem was solved. No reset necessary.

Products Discussed in

To Top