Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2008 Tacoma Wheel Stock Ornament problem

Old 08-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
JustinF1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
JustinF1's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy 2008 Tacoma Wheel Stock Ornament problem

Hi everyone =) I had my 2008 Taco in for a regular service and when they rotated the tires they screwed up somehow with the wheel ornaments,. 2 of them feel off while driving about a week later and then I had to pay $130 bucks for 2 new ones and they won't stay on either, is there a way to make them stay on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanx.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Feel Off? Quit feeling them off.

WTF is that?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:57 AM   #4
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Probably TPMS but who the hell knows....

I swear kids in college need to major in English instead of liberal arts. You can work anywhere and get paid good if you can communicate. These days no one knows how to even ask a simple question.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #5
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Probably TPMS but who the hell knows....

I swear kids in college need to major in English instead of liberal arts. You can work anywhere and get paid good if you can communicate. These days no one knows how to even ask a simple question.
Engrish done there speak well
Old 08-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
My center caps snap in and haven't moved since they were installed. I've got over 70k miles and about 15 tire rotations and they've never come loose.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Last time I took mine in for a free service three of the four center caps were not installed correctly. Luckily I changed to my off road tires & wheels before they fell off.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
Yes the center cap with the toyota symbol,.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #10
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
silicone the tabs before installing them then let them cure. they can still come off but you will need force. my trd caps are held on like this. super loose, but with silicone I can rub a tree and crack the cap and they still stay on.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
Thanks XXXX, i will try that,. hope it works. I guess i should get the adhesive at an auto parts store. Thanks again.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #12
charles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud of

charles08tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I keep a rubber mallet in my storage bin in the bed. Every time I have my truck serviced or tires rotated/balanced, etc, I get it out & tap on them before I leave. I started doing this after the dealer lost 1 at my 5k service, then another after the 10k service. Both times the dealer replaced the missing one since I went right back.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #13
Thanks so much for the tip !! Can you recommend a silicone sealant to buy ? thanx