Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

About Sliders...

Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #41
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
keyboard fabrication - At least I learned a new phrase out of this kerfuffle.

Time to bolt my shitty, four leggers on.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #42
Never LBS
Molon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SFC 11B40B4
Molon Labe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
^^^^^ Those look pretty fuckin bad ass!!! I may be sold on the FF's. Anyone know if he can add plates to that?
Shauncho, Dwreck can build just about anything you want. He just replied to this thread and you can PM him for pricing. I highly recommend FF. They went on perfectly, only Issue I ran into was getting was getting my big hands inside the frame near the front on both sides to place the nuts on the bolts. I can take some more pics of the mounting points if you want them.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #43
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
Shauncho, Dwreck can build just about anything you want. He just replied to this thread and you can PM him for pricing. I highly recommend FF. They went on perfectly, only Issue I ran into was getting was getting my big hands inside the frame near the front on both sides to place the nuts on the bolts. I can take some more pics of the mounting points if you want them.
Sweet, man. thanks for taking the time to add your input. Pics would be awesome!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #44
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
I should of stated IMO paying more then $400 is crazy and providing how I got to that price would of helped us all so I apologize.

My price point is $400 because I shopped around, waited, and bought during a GB. I also negotiated my pricing due to volume of product bought. Whenever possible I will wait for months just to find a good price and perfect deal. Even when a great deal comes along in a GB I try to get the local guys to go in at the same so we can group together and save on shipping. I purchased a front bumper via GB from the same vendor I purchased my sliders from (also during a GB). Because of this I also received a good percentage of the total off. I should of eluded to all that in my statement.

If my memory serves me right I paid a little over $1k for a plate front bumper and sliders without shipping but that was years ago so I will check my invoices tonight for a totally accurate price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post

thanks for being informative and helping out in this thread
Old 10-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #45
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I should of stated IMO paying more then $400 is crazy and providing how I got to that price would of helped us all so I apologize.

My price point is $400 because I shopped around, waited, and bought during a GB. I also negotiated my pricing due to volume of product bought. Whenever possible I will wait for months just to find a good price and perfect deal. Even when a great deal comes along in a GB I try to get the local guys to go in at the same so we can group together and save on shipping. I purchased a front bumper via GB from the same vendor I purchased my sliders from (also during a GB). Because of this I also received a good percentage of the total off. I should of eluded to all that in my statement.

If my memory serves me right I paid a little over $1k for a plate front bumper and sliders without shipping but that was years ago so I will check my invoices tonight for a totally accurate price.
Talk about backpedaling. You made some strong claims about durability and got pissy when asked to back them up. There were ways to make your point without any of that; you went another way. Now you give us the above in an attempt to justify your opinion on pricing? Maybe that makes sense to someone else, but not me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
thanks for being informative and helping out in this thread
Says the guy that called a vendor was an asshole for responding after you attacked their livelihood.

In this thread, I've respectfully asked for you to back up your claims, and I quoted the phrase, "keyboard fabrication", from one of Brian's unedited responses to you. I do apologize for being inaccurate in using your description of the design of my sliders. I should've said "piss poor, four leggers" not "shitty, four leggers".

I don't know why you have a problem with any responses you've earned here.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #46
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post

Old 10-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #47
Never LBS
Molon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shedMolon Labe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SFC 11B40B4
Molon Labe's Tacoma Gallery
Shauncho, as promised.

As you can see they mounted directly to holes already in the frame and even have cutouts for the bolt heads that are already in the frame.

I could not ask for a better fit, thanks Dwreck

Old 10-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #48
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #49
area 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Retired
area 52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Bolt ons are just as strong as weld ons, if not stronger. They are more of a pain to install though.
I just learned that today.

The worst part was the drilling, as I broke 3 bits until I started using a small pilot, then a medium and finally a 3/8.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #50
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by area 52 View Post
I just learned that today.

The worst part was the drilling, as I broke 3 bits until I started using a small pilot, then a medium and finally a 3/8.
I use factory holes in the frame. No drilling required.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #52
S1000RR will become famous soon enough
S1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Got to agree with most the other members.

I went with All Pro bolt on sliders and they were a PITA to install.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #53
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
I personally like mine... boatside sliders. Hopefully soon I will be able to mass market them...
Old 10-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #54
area 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Retired
area 52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
Got to agree with most the other members.

I went with All Pro bolt on sliders and they were a PITA to install.
That's what I have, too.

I like them.

Jim
Old 10-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #55
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
Shauncho, as promised.

As you can see they mounted directly to holes already in the frame and even have cutouts for the bolt heads that are already in the frame.

I could not ask for a better fit, thanks Dwreck
Thanks for the photos, man. I really appreciate that. Looks bitchin!
Old 03-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #56
Carrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to beholdCarrionman is a splendid one to behold

Name: James
Carrionman's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is a little off subject but i'll be having my Sliders welded on on Monday or Tuesday of next week and I thought I'd ask you guys what you've payed to have them welded on by a good shop? I can do some light welding but I'm not taking any chances here and getting a professional do it. Some places will just rip you off because they can. Help me out here. Thanks
Old 04-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #57
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. DTOM
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
I know a few good guys in SC that would definitely do it for you for a fair price