Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Tundra Techstream Clone for 35-45 bucks

Old 08-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
ggms16 is on a distinguished road
ggms16's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Tundra Techstream Clone for 35-45 bucks

Hey guys, I have this cable, saw it in TS forum and bought it from China, but I also found a website that has it in USA.

Its a really nice thing to have.

this one is $45 w/free shipping http://www.obd2usa.com/2012_MINI_VCI...030_p/sv47.htm

and this one from china is $35 w/free shipping (like 20 days) http://www.uobd2.com/wholesale/mini-...able-2442.html

I've plenty of knowledge of the things you will be able to do with this toy.

Some of the functions are:

view every sensor in realtime, which is neat
update firmwares, don't know if i'd do that though
reset MILs, from every sensor that can throw MILs
add/remove keys with microchips
add/remove/reprogram TPMS
activate/disable alarm
make the doors close when shift from park, open when shift to park.
Time of exterior and lights on when the truck is off and doors closed.
Turn off/on seatbelt chime
Turn down the volume of the open door/light on chime

and many others.

NO! I'm not related to any of these sites, I'm just sharing what I think its a good tool to have.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
undecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Adam
undecided's Tacoma Gallery
That is really a really neat product. It would be handy for some things i would change. I feel it would only be useful a few times for my applications but I definately could get my 35-45 bucks worth.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
ggms16's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. I used that in my tundra and did a few things that well worth the 45 I paid.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
Oscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: E4 0311
Name: Bob
Oscarbob's Tacoma Gallery
What can this device actually manipulate or change to the vehicle?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, talk about being on the same page as OP. I wrote up a review on the UOBD2 VCI cable earlier this afternoon, used it to disable seatbelt warning chime. Link below.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...ci-toyota.html
Old 08-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
ggms16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggynagy View Post
Wow, talk about being on the same page as OP. I wrote up a review on the UOBD2 VCI cable earlier this afternoon, used it to disable seatbelt warning chime. Link below.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...ci-toyota.html
Awesome review.

I would buy it from USA, I always had bad experience with the wait time when buying from china.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
ggms16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarbob View Post
What can this device actually manipulate or change to the vehicle?
In the first post I already mentioned a few things.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing that is plus shipping on the one from US?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
Oscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: E4 0311
Name: Bob
Oscarbob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggms16 View Post
In the first post I already mentioned a few things.
Ah sorry. See it now thanks.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #10
ggms16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
I'm guessing that is plus shipping on the one from US?
Free shipping on both. But the US one is priority mail, I got mine in 2 business days.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #11
ggms16's Tacoma Gallery
TPMS Sensors reprogram is life-saving! I hate the light as much as I hate Chavez.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
RacecarGuy is on a distinguished road
RacecarGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I got one for my 2012 Taco. Being able to run diagnostic is very helpful. Almost worth the $35 just to turn off the seatbelt chimes.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Free shipping on both.
Not bad then. I already have the Techstream software I just needed the cable. I have the current version which is 7.12.0000. I know with one of the older versions you can still program keys too. I believe that was 7.3 or something right in there.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #14
ggms16's Tacoma Gallery
You can also test engine compression with this software which is awesome.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #15
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TPMS Sensors reprogram is life-saving! I hate the light as much as I hate Chavez.
Woot!!!!!!!!

Sold!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #16
mbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura aboutmbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Matt
mbrogz3000's Tacoma Gallery
Thats basically the same cable I have. These are knockoff cables of the actual $500 or $900 cable thats available from Toyota to the independent garages.

Its very good at giving you all the engine sensor readings that are compatible with the techstream software, safely testing and actuating the 4WD pumps and A-TRAC pumps, compression, gauge cluster needle tests..I believe you can copy the immobiliser code to a new key (you can't assign new codes though), TPMS programming is straight forward and easy..you can even use it to bleed your brake lines. There is an option to do real-time MPG just like an ultragauge. But it does the tendancy to drop connection randomly. Therefore, don't expect to be reflashing...reprogramming..your ecu with this grade of a cable.

On our 2010 Rav4, there are options within the software to open the moonroof, and to actuate the power windows to various positions, but there is no response when I send the request for one of these tests. I'm not sure if its the software or cable.

The techstream software itself is very basic and almost ghetto looking, and very clunky to navigate through. All the effort was put into the functions of the software, very minimal time was spent on the 'look and feel' of the GUI for ease of use.

Of course, you can also read the check engine codes, check on the emissions tests that aren't yet completed if you disconnected the battery, and reset the check engine light as needed.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #17
mdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Chuck
mdcmn7's Tacoma Gallery
Will this work on the 2012 tacoma as well?
Old 08-07-2012, 05:11 AM   #18
ggms16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcmn7 View Post
Will this work on the 2012 tacoma as well?
yes
Old 08-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #19
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I bought this cable from the suggestion of Tundratalk back in June.
Received the cable in about 10 days.
Loaded up on an old XP laptop for it does not like 64 bit OS though their are tweaks you can do in other OS's to make it work.

By far it is THE BEST $35 I ever spent.

The unlocked version of ts allowed me to change on my 2011 Tundra --

Turn off my seat belt chimes for both passenger & driver.
Modify the volumes of several other chimes ie key in ignition
Modify the interior lights
Turn on factory alarm though I did not buy the Glass Breaking Sensor.
Change my two button unlock feature to one button all doors unlock
Change my auto door lock from 5 mph to when shifted into D

Gives me the ability to input my TPMS sensor codes for winter and summer wheel swaps.
Good bye all the work arounds, pipe bombs, expensive and time consuming visits to the dealer tire shop.

The directions and readme files are typical non helpful however the
technical support threads on TundraTalk are.

Definitely worth it
Old 08-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #20
ggms16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I bought this cable from the suggestion of Tundratalk back in June.
Received the cable in about 10 days.
Loaded up on an old XP laptop for it does not like 64 bit OS though their are tweaks you can do in other OS's to make it work.

By far it is THE BEST $35 I ever spent.

The unlocked version of ts allowed me to change on my 2011 Tundra --

Turn off my seat belt chimes for both passenger & driver.
Modify the volumes of several other chimes ie key in ignition
Modify the interior lights
Turn on factory alarm though I did not buy the Glass Breaking Sensor.
Change my two button unlock feature to one button all doors unlock
Change my auto door lock from 5 mph to when shifted into D

Gives me the ability to input my TPMS sensor codes for winter and summer wheel swaps.
Good bye all the work arounds, pipe bombs, expensive and time consuming visits to the dealer tire shop.

The directions and readme files are typical non helpful however the
technical support threads on TundraTalk are.

Definitely worth it
Do you know how many different tpms sensors I can register on the truck?