1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new to the scene ....need help....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by escotek1, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Aug 7, 2012 at 12:21 AM
    escotek1

escotek1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RoN
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    15' DCSB TRD OFFROAD
    i just got a 2012 tacoma "Taco" lol ...was wondering if anybody had any input about me putting some wheels on my truck just need a different look to it..without doing any major lift kit or anything....not really gonna be taking this thing off-roading or anything... any help would be kindly appreciated ...

2. Aug 7, 2012 at 12:34 AM
    jackrules

jackrules Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport LB
    Honestly,

Wheels are up to you.... There are soooooooo many different looks and styles out there that it's almost impossible to recommend rims without personally knowing someone.

No rim is really going to be better for off roading than another rim. If youre doing mostly street driving you'll want a 17 / 18 inch rim unless you like to look of a 16 inch rim more. Anything bigger than 18 really shouldn't be put on our trucks.

My personal favorite wheels are TRD Faux Beadlocks.. These are 400 a piece if you can find them for sale. But I loveeee them.. just can't spend 1600 on a set of rims. You can find cheap rims though.

Also, look for an aluminum rim instead of a steel rim. This is unsprung weight, meaning an aluminum rim will preform better on the road and will save you money on gas. Steel will be cheaper, but isn't great...

Another tip would be. Make your titles of your threads more specific. If you asked which rims you should get, you'd probably have 5 pages of people telling you why you should get the same ones as them. But your vague title is easy to skip over.

3. Aug 7, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    sytfu510

sytfu510 Instagram: tacoma510

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 DBL Cab Long Bed TRD Sport
    Dirt Designs LT kit front and 3 link kit rear SCS Wheels BAMF rack, bumper ,sliders

Products Discussed in

To Top