Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

cabin air filter

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
cabin air filter

hey guys well its time to change the cabin air filter and was wondering where u guys are getting yours from?? i saw some on ebay for like 9 bucks.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
hate2work will become famous soon enoughhate2work will become famous soon enough
hate2work's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine from these guys, they look just like the OEM one I took out, and for a whole lot less money

http://www.logical-source.com/2006-T...COMA-7586.html
Old 01-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2work View Post
I got mine from these guys, they look just like the OEM one I took out, and for a whole lot less money

http://www.logical-source.com/2006-T...COMA-7586.html
thanks!! i just called them and ordered some! it was only $3.62!! with shipping total was 9 bucks! so much better than 40 bucks from the dealer!
Old 02-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
whats the recommended time to change the filter out?
Old 02-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
its in your owners manual.... i think
Old 02-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
whats the recommended time to change the filter out?
Here in dusty Northern Nevada I change mine every other year. I believe Toyota says 30,000 miles, but it's so easy to inspect it, I would just look at it every 6 months or so and change it when it's dirty.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
I replaced mine w/a regular house hold filter. I cut one down to 8"x8.5" . They seem to work alright. Plus it saves $$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 02-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Changing mine today. Scored the 40.00 oem from ebay for 14 + 5 shipping.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:23 AM   #10
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
I replaced mine w/a regular house hold filter. I cut one down to 8"x8.5" . They seem to work alright. Plus it saves $$$$$$$$$$$$
+1. Can make 4 from one filter. Less than buck each. Super easy, works well.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
Jerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud ofJerseytaco has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: MLB Driver
Jerseytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Where is it located?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #12
DMZX is on a distinguished road
Army: Section Chief, 1/19th FA
DMZX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseytaco View Post
Where is it located?
Right behind the glove box.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #13
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseytaco View Post
Where is it located?
Open your glovebox, squeeze the sides & pull down & the little rectangle opening straight back lookin at you has 2 clips to release & door swing down & exposes the back edge of the filter. Pull filter out, if you have one. Mine didn't have a filter, just the empty spot where it should've been. Yet another 160 pt certification failure by the toyota dealer presale preowned certification program. Handling things after the fact when it shoulda clearly been caught beforehand as part of an advertised certification checkup get it as close to new for customer confidence as it is stated in their documentation is just less than impressive. For this simple thing so what I was doing it myself anyway but makes you wonder what other more important things haven't really been checked doesn't it?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #14
Canadian in the South
CraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCraigTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
CraigTRD's Tacoma Gallery
When I replaced mine the first time (and only time...which reminds me that it is due again), I spent the $40 @ the dealership.......argh.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Probably 120.00 for part/labor if they change it for you............
Old 02-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #16
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Open your glovebox, squeeze the sides & pull down & the little rectangle opening straight back lookin at you has 2 clips to release & door swing down & exposes the back edge of the filter. Pull filter out, if you have one. Mine didn't have a filter, just the empty spot where it should've been. Yet another 160 pt certification failure by the toyota dealer presale preowned certification program. Handling things after the fact when it shoulda clearly been caught beforehand as part of an advertised certification checkup get it as close to new for customer confidence as it is stated in their documentation is just less than impressive. For this simple thing so what I was doing it myself anyway but makes you wonder what other more important things haven't really been checked doesn't it?
Actually our 05's didn't come w/ cabin filters. Cheap out by Toyota at the time. They weren't put in Tacomas till 2006.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 PM   #17
josh3972000 is on a distinguished road
Army: 101st airborne Division (3/502)  25th Infantry Division (1/27)
josh3972000's Tacoma Gallery
I have been using house filters for 3 years and no problems so far. It was just another gimmick for the dealer to make a quick hundred bucks.
The dealership makes it sound like a major operation.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #18
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
i just checked mine and it was full of dirt,leaves, and some dog hair. I just took it out knocked everything off of it and put it back in. works like a champ
Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #19
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
you can check out the cheap/free mod section and it tells you how to make them
Old 02-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #20
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncleaner View Post
Actually our 05's didn't come w/ cabin filters. Cheap out by Toyota at the time. They weren't put in Tacomas till 2006.
I bought it in 2009 & part of their 160 pt crap shoulda been checkin that filter along with all other basic checks to get it back to as new as possible state like they like to repeat while your buying so yeah it shoulda been there if they were worth a shit.

Products Discussed in this Thread