Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lifts as an option?

Old 08-01-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Lifts as an option?

Ive noticed that my prerunner V6 TRD has less of a lift than some of the other brand new Prerunners that I pass on the FWY. Do some of them come with a bigger lift off the lot?

Ted
Old 08-01-2007, 11:53 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
They should all come the same from the factory. Maybe you saw some Tacos with aftermarket or dealer installed lifts?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:10 AM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
This is actually something i'm confused about. When i was looking into lifts, i called the dealership to ask if i bought it online if they would install it for me so i wouldn't have to worry about my warranty. they said no. So i asked if Toyota offered a lift that i could buy and have installed to keep my warranty. once again they said no, and that toyota recomends against lifting their trucks since they were not designed that way originally and it can damage components. i called three dealers in my area and got the EXACT same answer from all of them, "we dont sell lifts, we dont install lifts and we dont recomend that you lift your truck"

Well last week i took my truck up to have the headlight assembly replaced and just walked around the lot to pass the time. I saw a brand new 2007 silver Taco TRD off road 4x4, and what did it have? A bull bar, huge chrome rims, massive mudding tires (not trail tires but mudding tires) and...... a lift, a large lift too. I'm not sure how big but despite the big rims and tires it still had plenty of clearance. so i'm pretty sure it was over 3" but not sure if it was 6". anyway, this was a brand new truck with 0 milage and no previous owner. Where did the lift come from? who installed it? does this mean when it's sold certain componants won't be covered under warranty? Anyway, it's just irritating to hear a service guy say, "we dont recomend lifting our trucks since they werent designed that way and it could damage them" and then going out onto the lot and seeing a truck specifically rigged for off-road use. I assume it was a floor model or show model from somewhere that got shipped to them but still, it BS if you ask me.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:20 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Many dealerships will have custom shops (not associated with the dealer) install things that the service department might not recommend or even work on.

Bull Bars, Lifts, DVD setups, Drop Kits, Air Suspension Systems, etc... (I even saw a F-350 with a Jacuzzi in the bed once ) - these are all things to show that you can do all sorts of things with your vehicle. It is publicity and bragging rights for the shop that did the work. It is an overpriced sale for the dealership. It is a completely unique vehicle for the person that buys it.

The bad news, the service department and the custom shop will blame each other when something goes wrong. Then it becomes a big PITA!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, i dont think i would buy a brand new vehicle that had been modified like that..... except for the jacuzzi thing, i would do that in a heartbeat
Old 08-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
The trucks im talking about all seem to be plain jane except for what appears to be at least a 3" lift. They look pretty nice. And now ill have to add that to the long list of modifications that im planning on for this truck.

On a related note, I was browsing the internet pricing out lift packages. Ive heard that Fabtechs are the way to go, but I had no idea they were so expensive. Maby im missing something here but I saw them for around $2500. Please tell me I made a mistake.

Ted
Old 08-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
Lee's06Taco is on a distinguished road

Lee's06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
This is actually something i'm confused about. When i was looking into lifts, i called the dealership to ask if i bought it online if they would install it for me so i wouldn't have to worry about my warranty. they said no. So i asked if Toyota offered a lift that i could buy and have installed to keep my warranty. once again they said no, and that toyota recomends against lifting their trucks since they were not designed that way originally and it can damage components. i called three dealers in my area and got the EXACT same answer from all of them, "we dont sell lifts, we dont install lifts and we dont recomend that you lift your truck"

Well last week i took my truck up to have the headlight assembly replaced and just walked around the lot to pass the time. I saw a brand new 2007 silver Taco TRD off road 4x4, and what did it have? A bull bar, huge chrome rims, massive mudding tires (not trail tires but mudding tires) and...... a lift, a large lift too. I'm not sure how big but despite the big rims and tires it still had plenty of clearance. so i'm pretty sure it was over 3" but not sure if it was 6". anyway, this was a brand new truck with 0 milage and no previous owner. Where did the lift come from? who installed it? does this mean when it's sold certain componants won't be covered under warranty? Anyway, it's just irritating to hear a service guy say, "we dont recomend lifting our trucks since they werent designed that way and it could damage them" and then going out onto the lot and seeing a truck specifically rigged for off-road use. I assume it was a floor model or show model from somewhere that got shipped to them but still, it BS if you ask me.
NDCouch, I got my lift from the dearlership (it's Toyota of Visalia). Lift will not void your warranty. If something goes wrong, and it was the lift that cause it, they won't fix but if not then its under warranty.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
i saw the same thing today. ft myers toyota. 2 of them, 07s. 0 miles. they had the revtek front coil overs. and i think an aal in the rear. they were sweet. dealers are making room for the 08's. there was a tundra there to with like a 6" lift. nice little add on
Old 08-06-2007, 06:27 AM   #9

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee's06Taco View Post
NDCouch, I got my lift from the dearlership (it's Toyota of Visalia). Lift will not void your warranty. If something goes wrong, and it was the lift that cause it, they won't fix but if not then its under warranty.
Yeah, i'm aware it wont void the whole warranty but i know if something breaks they will try to blame it on any aftermarket mods. I wish i could find a dealership that would lift my truck, i'd just feel more comfortable that way. i think im just gonna end up doing it myself though.