1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma Upgrade Questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by redtacoma88, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Aug 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    redtacoma88

redtacoma88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John Austin
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    See Build Page...
    Im pretty new to the forum so im sorry if this has already been talked about. I just bought a 2012 TRD Off Road 4x4 V6 Crew Cab Tacoma. it is all 100% stock as of now. I dont want to get a lift kit until I go off to college. I do what to get new wheels/tires and mostly a new muffler/tip.

EXUAST QUESTION: I want to get a new muffler and new exhaust tip, instead of complete exhaust, to save money. I want something that will make the truck sound better than stock and sound more powerful, but nothing that will tick me off when im driving the car. I have been looking at Flowmaster 40 or 50 series and dont know what to do. I need advise on WHAT WILL FIT? and what sizes are fitting. Thanks

WHEEL/TIRE QUESTIONS: I would like some dark (black) rims, but want to run stock TRD tires for a while until i need to upgrade. I have the stock rims and no lift kid, nothing larger just better looking. What size rims should i look at that will fit the Stock tires for the 2012 trd off road.

Thanks so much!

2. Aug 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM
    DannyBFresco

DannyBFresco King Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    NorCal (Martinez) & LA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport SWB
    Baja Kits +2 LT, Kings, 35" Falken AT3s, SUA
    Welcome! The TRD off road comes with 16" wheels. I did the same thing you want to do, and my wheels are 16x8 and fit perfectly. Happy modding!

Products Discussed in

To Top