1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bchivers, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Aug 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    bchivers

bchivers [OP] New Member

Member:
    NE. TN.
    Vehicle:
    07 extra cab, 4x4, TRD. 5' Bed.
    I have been reading your forum for a while now and have been enjoying it so I thought it is time that I join. I am looking for mods that will first increase mpg but increased HP and or torque will be appreciated. I am getting more and more confused. I am not very forum savvy so any constructive criticism will be appreciated. The only mod I have done is to replace my air filter with a K&N.
    Whenever I get a different vehicle I usually install a CAI and iridium plugs but from what I am reading here they are not beneficial or worth there money.
    I sent an email to UDR. and here is there reply. "a URD TCAI intake with the MAF cal or the aFe Stage 2si intake with our MAF cal. The combination will give you a very nice boost in performance and burn less gas at the same time." Thanks to Gadget for your reply. I have searched for answers and am not sure which is worth the money or maybe a combination might do the trick. Here are my questions.

1) Your thoughts on Gadgets reply.

2) Exhaust, eg. headers, cat back. I have looked at these on line and I only see single pipes. I thought dual would be better. Here is what I have found.
    http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/73A3570A0A0A3039013.aspx

3) Secondary air filer removal.

4) HID headlights. I have Sylvania SilverStar Ultra High Performance Halogen Headlight, I think. I have used Sylvania SilverStar for some time know and have not had the problems some people have had. My question is, is HID lights worth the extra money.

5) I have read that the best plugs are standard plugs. Not sure whether to use NGK or Denso. I went to Auto Zone and they told me that OEM calls for Iridium. I am really confused now.
    TIA :)

2. Aug 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    bchivers

bchivers [OP] New Member

Member:
    NE. TN.
    Vehicle:
    07 extra cab, 4x4, TRD. 5' Bed.
    PS. Did I put this in the wrong forum?

Products Discussed in

To Top