Notices

Roadside Assistance Kit

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Reklis is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
Reklis's Tacoma Gallery
Roadside Assistance Kit

Didn't really know where to post this or find this so I decided to start my own thread.

Can anyone give me a short list or a good few things I should have in my truck at all times? I.E. tools, first aid, jumper cables..

Just a basic list is all I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Jack and lug wrench, AAA card, cell phone, and condoms.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'd suggest you go to HF and pick up something like this.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...set-67995.html

Then carry a few types of screw drivers, a couple adjustable end wrenches, channel locks, slip joint pliers, needle nose pliers, vice grips, assortment of zip ties, bailing wire, duct tape, can of wd40 etc..., some road flares, jumper cables, some water and non-perishable snacks, a couple bic lighters, first aid kit, assortment of micro blade fuses, air pressure gauge, tire plug set, a few rags, a flash light, spare fluids, and double check your tire iron will work and your jack will work.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Jack and lug wrench, AAA card, cell phone, and condoms.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:10 AM   #5
Reklis is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
Reklis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I'd suggest you go to HF and pick up something like this.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...set-67995.html
I think the link is broken?

Thank you though!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #6
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
AAA will be cheaper than any tool kit you could put together. make sure you get the unlimited towing package it's worth the extra money.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #7
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm going more than a 3 hour drive I always have the following with me:
Cordless impact wrench, impact sockets, ratchet straps, duct tape, zip ties, flashlight and headlamp, assorted pliers, ratchet box end wenches, torque wrench, pry bar, wire coat hanger, socket set, assorted screwdrivers, wire, wire connectors, electrical tape, spare fuses, extra assorted light bulbs, hacksaw, drill and bits, assorted bolts, jumper cables, cheap blanket, extra shirt and a BDU goretex jacket, tow strap, air compressor, tire plug kit, tire Guage, WD40, water, MREs, for first aid I carry a Combat Lifesaver Bag packed full of stuff (IV needles, drip set, IV bag, tourniquets, 4x4s, rolled gauze, combat gauze, medical gloves, compression bandages, NPAs, SAM splints, Tension Pneumo Thorax Decompression Needles, and triangular bandage)

But for around town I just carry:
Jumper cables, screwdrivers, pliers, vice grips, tow strap, small socket set, tire plug kit, air compressor and my factory jack with a 4"x4" block.

One of my friends borrowed my truck and got a huge bolt stuck in the tire and the cheapo Walmart plug kit sealed it and he drove the 3 and a half hours back. I used it one time too. Best $10 I ever spent. I have a tendency to go overboard when I prepare for things... But when the SHTF I'm almost always ready. Almost all those tools can fit behind and under the rear seats too. (Tertris style of course)

I also have the AAA with 100 miles of free towing.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #8
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reklis View Post

Thank you though!
Yeah for whatever reason.... open it once, close it, open it again.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #9
brianv3ntura is on a distinguished road
brianv3ntura's Tacoma Gallery
For long trips:
Water
First aid
Flashlight
Toilet paper and paper toilets(u never know when u gotta do a number 2 in the woods somewhere)
jumper cables
Rechargeable jumper
Extra low beam bulbs
Blanket
Poncho or a rain coat
Tools ofcourse
Inverter

For daily city driving:
Paper towels
Jug of water
A ratchet + socket set
Extra bulbs
First aid
Old 08-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reklis View Post

Thank you though!
HF's site has been doing that for a couple of months.

I'll follow the link and get what looks like a parking page at Commission Junction, then I'll follow the link again and it links properly.

What he linked to was a $30 tool kit that includes 1/2, 3/8, and 1/4 drive ratchets and sockets... comparable to a $120 Craftsman set.
It's a POS, but it's something to stash behind the seat for emergencies and not for regular weekend use.

Products Discussed in this Thread