Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Headrest stuck.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
Headrest stuck.

Has anyone gotten their rear head rests stuck in the seat.. I had pulled mine out and then re-installed them. Unfortunately either I am not as smart as I think I am or my kids messed with it but one is in backwards and it doesn't want to come out..

Any thoughts?? I pulled as hard as I dared but no luck it is quite stuck.

Blygy
Old 08-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
2x4. Then
Old 08-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
2x4. Then
This^^^ Made me laugh! Tear that ass up!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
OK.. just in case any else runs into this problem..First.. bust some ass.. even if the kids didn't do it they will fear for their lives for a bit and messing with your kids is fun sometimes.

Second get a small flat blade screw driver and push on the slot on the inside of the head rest post that doesn't have the release button.. lift the head rest out easy peasy..

Thanks folks..

Bill
Old 12-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
d9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud of

d9lowe's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I would have seen this a few hours ago. I put one of the headrests in backwards, and could not get the thing to come back out to save my life!! Ended up using the handle of a hammer to pry it out. MAKE SURE YOU PUT IN YOUR HEADRESTS THE RIGHT WAY!!! LOL
Old 02-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
Rex Havoc is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Rex Havoc's Tacoma Gallery
Am having the same problem now. Will try the screwdriver trick. Thanks for posting that!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
RMay is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
RMay's Tacoma Gallery
Went outside to remove the rear headrest on my 2013 dbl cab this morning for my daughter's car seat and that sucker wouldn't budge. I pulled and pulled, nothing. Noticed it was in backwards. Called up this post and bam it's done

Thanks for the post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Conservative
Executive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Executive's Tacoma Gallery
I would gladly put the headrest on my passenger seat in backwards if it would stop the incessant vibration of the passive head restraint resonating up through the headrest itself.
I would also be happy to bust some ass on the Toyota engineer and service people who designed this system and then refuse to acknowledge that there is something wrong with it.

Chris
Old 05-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
hypernayte is on a distinguished road
Name: Nathan
hypernayte's Tacoma Gallery
+1 Nice work, guys.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
Dogs like trucks.
thalgott3 is on a distinguished road

Name: Colin
thalgott3's Tacoma Gallery
Worked like a charm. I thought that I was going to have to take the seat apart...Thank you!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
ChaCha is on a distinguished road
ChaCha's Tacoma Gallery
My first post is a big Thank You! The dealership didn't know how to do this.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #12
Melanie is on a distinguished road
Melanie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blygy View Post
OK.. just in case any else runs into this problem..First.. bust some ass.. even if the kids didn't do it they will fear for their lives for a bit and messing with your kids is fun sometimes.

Second get a small flat blade screw driver and push on the slot on the inside of the head rest post that doesn't have the release button.. lift the head rest out easy peasy..

Thanks folks..

Bill

Bill thank you I did remove my headrest very easy . :-) thanks alot.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #13
KTMTacoNGA is on a distinguished road

KTMTacoNGA's Tacoma Gallery
Bill, Thank you sir! That was driving me crazy. Kids pulled mine out and put them both backwards.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #14
Hookset is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
Hookset's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I was about to take the crow bat to it, many thanks!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 04:10 AM   #15
deadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
deadbird8's Tacoma Gallery
Good stuff- was driving me nuts.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #16
CzechMate
SilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud of

Name: George
SilverJack's Tacoma Gallery
Blygy, I owe you a beer. I stupidly put mine on backwards while messing with the seats. Tried everything short of hammer and prybar. I was actually standing on the door sill and lifting up on the thing and it wouldn't budge. I'm 6 foot 205 lbs and an ex weightlifter, so I was surprised how strong it was holding. 2 seconds with the screwdriver and it just popped out, no damage done, everything is back to normal. Thanks Mate!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:52 PM   #17
boogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedboogie3478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JakeFromStateFarm
boogie3478's Tacoma Gallery
I did this too so can't wait to get home and try the screwdriver fix.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #18
Pool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pool Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I am amazed at how many people managed to put their headrests in backwards? I only say this as, there is matching fabric on the front side and carpet like material on the backside. Almost impossible to get that confused.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:51 PM   #19
xbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Quartermaster
Name: Jim
xbxb's Tacoma Gallery
ok
Old 10-31-2014, 05:23 PM   #20
(.)(.)
outdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to behold

outdoorgb's Tacoma Gallery
You think that screw driver trick will fix this?
My son did this today...old dude pulled out in front of him...no injuries