Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Could somebody tell me what does mean VSV?

Old 08-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
VSV stands for vacuum switching valve. It's part of the emissions system. Yes your truck has one possibly two, can't remember exactly.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
VSV
Old 08-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniodiaz View Post
So, it has to be present at my Taco. doesn't it? And what is the VCS? Thanks in advance and excuse my ignorance.
I'm guessing you mean VSC? It refers to the traction control system. (vehicle stability contol).
Old 08-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Certainly that's what i meant, so that has to do with the stability system and ABS, but not all Tacos come with it. I guess that mine is one of them.
Being an 06 I'm pretty confident you don't have VSC. Most likely you only have ABS. So no worries.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Thank you, you were very helpful. Now I'll go ahead with my manual reading and hope everything goes right installing it. I'll try to have some pic's, see ya'
No problem. Good Luck with the SC install!!