1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock Tacoma with a future plan

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Republican Tacoma, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Aug 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    Republican Tacoma

Republican Tacoma [OP] Tacoma Student

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma DC TRD Offroad 4X4
    AFE Stage II Pro Guard 7 Cold Air Intake Kit, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Husky Toolbox, Window Tint, OEM Side Steps, Bed Mat, WeatherTech Mats, OEM Bug Deflector, In-Channel VentVisors, Stant Locking Gas Cap, & Realtree Seatcovers
    I am new to the forum as of today. As of now, I have a pretty much stock 2011 Tacoma DC TRD Offroad 4X4 in super white. I am in the process of getting some FJ Trail Teams TRD Black wheels. I was also looking at getting a new set of tries. As of now I currently have 275-70R-16 AT but was about to go with a 275-75R-16 MT. I was also looking at going with a set of wheel spacers set at 1.25" to give the truck a wider appearance. I have thought about doing a lift in the future but I didn't want to get into replacing new UCAs. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments that could be helpful? Thanks,

2. Aug 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    if you stay as close to or under 2.5" you might not need UCA's. 2.5" if the point where its a hit or miss for alignment

3. Aug 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    FrustrationFabTaco

FrustrationFabTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Lexington, VA
    Vehicle:
    11 Duramax Grandpa Truck Special
    :spy:
    Welcome! A good and fairly inexpensive way to lift would be bilstein 5100's with eibach coils in the front and an aal in the back. not getting up into 3" range with the 5100's set at 0 so you wont need new uca's.

4. Aug 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM
    Republican Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    AFE Stage II Pro Guard 7 Cold Air Intake Kit, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Husky Toolbox, Window Tint, OEM Side Steps, Bed Mat, WeatherTech Mats, OEM Bug Deflector, In-Channel VentVisors, Stant Locking Gas Cap, & Realtree Seatcovers
    WildcatTaco, I have looked at the idea of Bilstein 5100's but if I added the add a lift to the rear and set the front shocks at 0 wouldn't just the rear be lifted only or does the coils give it a lift? What are your thoughts of the add a lift specs? Thanks,

5. Aug 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    rear shocks dont lift so you should worry about that when buying a set of bilstein shocks

6. Aug 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    FrustrationFabTaco

FrustrationFabTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Lexington, VA
    Vehicle:
    11 Duramax Grandpa Truck Special
    :spy:
    the eibachs give about 1.6 inches by themselves. an add a leaf (depending on the one you get) can get you 1.5 - 2.5 inches. if you want to level the truck dont get an aal, just the eibachs and 5100's. i dont have them myself yet but i do plan on going with that setup.

7. Aug 13, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    Republican Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Georgia
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top