Long Tube Headers

Old 08-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Love Your Leisure
BrentPaucke is on a distinguished road
Navy: ABH
Name: brent
BrentPaucke's Tacoma Gallery
Long Tube Headers

so everyone says that when you get headers go with doug thorley long tubes, but jba has the same header except dam near half the price, just curious is anyone is running the jba or has insite into the matter ?
Old 08-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Not everyone says go with DT long tubes. Depending on your use, the short tubes might be a better option. Long tubes make power on the top end but sacrifice some low end power. Short tubes are the opposite so depending on how you use your truck, long tubes might not be the best investment.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
Love Your Leisure
well i am slowly setting it up for a supercharger, i dont like to beat it but its a truck and i live in the country so it gets used for work also. I more or so have the focus of overlanding with it and set up so if something does happen i am ready not the intent of beating it. I occasionally pull a trailer and after i am done being deployed i plan to fab up my own offroad trailer for camping and such. Its still a daily driver for now i am just looking at ways to increase power right now i suppose.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
Supercharged Mileage Master
MikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enoughMikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enough
MikeyLikesIt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentPaucke View Post
so everyone says that when you get headers go with doug thorley long tubes, but jba has the same header except dam near half the price, just curious is anyone is running the jba or has insite into the matter ?
I heard they leak real bad. Even URD recommends a special crush gasket to go with those headers. I am still on the fence on which exhaust components I want to go with. I think I am going to wait until next spring at this point.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentPaucke View Post
the reason that the DTLT are more expensive than the JBA's is because they use a better steel and come ceramic coated. if you get the JBA's ceramic coated, their price goes up another 100+ dollars
Old 08-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
Love Your Leisure
yeah i in the process of ordering these two lovely gems right now and the ems doesnt require the reflash so thats one less step

http://www.urdusa.com/Electronics-Pe...duct_info.html

http://www.urdusa.com/Fuel-Upgrades-...duct_info.html
Old 08-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If you want it to tow and be used for work, I'd do some research on the shorties. It's more power where you can actually use it daily.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
Love Your Leisure
i learn the hard way not to skimp on things and when you them do them right, i plan on having this truck for a long time. Currently i am station overseas forward deployed so i am just stocking up on parts for when i get some leave in.