Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question regarding bilstein 5100's in order to LEVEL my 2012 taco DCSB

Old 08-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #41
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I paid less than $300.00 from Down South Motorsports for all 4.
(I just pulled my reciept, $299.99 - $17.00 TW forum discount = $282.99, free shipping. This was a year and a half back)

and no way I'd pay $660.00 in labor to have them installed. The rear is an hour job I can do myself w/o even removing the rear wheels.
The fronts are more work...maybe worth a few hundred, 200-300 Tops.

yes, an alignment will go about 70-100 bux.

Yeah, they're only $299.99 still from them! No way I could do this myself though. I would need some serious help.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #42
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
Yeah, they're only $299.99 still from them! No way I could do this myself though. I would need some serious help.
I'll need help w/ the fronts...and may let the same guys install all 4.

but not @ 660 bux.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #43
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
OP, I see in your pics you have TRD stickers but you said you have a base model truck. Just want to make sure you have plain old stock/base springs and not TRD springs. I definitely want to make sure I get what I really am looking for when I do finally upgrade.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #44
kyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kyleTRDtaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
OP, I see in your pics you have TRD stickers but you said you have a base model truck. Just want to make sure you have plain old stock/base springs and not TRD springs. I definitely want to make sure I get what I really am looking for when I do finally upgrade.
Yes yes my truck is a base model , i just put the trd offroad bedside stickets on.there cause i like the look of them lol, i know im a poser lol xP and yes my truck has the normal linear springs , NOT the progressive springs found on the actual.TRD off road model lol
Old 08-23-2012, 05:07 AM   #45
BOONDOCKSAINT is on a distinguished road

BOONDOCKSAINT's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd wanting to do this same lift at some point. This has been one of the more helpful threads for me.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #46
kyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kyleTRDtaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOONDOCKSAINT View Post
Sub'd wanting to do this same lift at some point. This has been one of the more helpful threads for me.
thanks so much, i really appreciate that, yes, things were very vague for me as well in the beginning with this upgrade, but now that ive achieved what ive wanted for my taco, im really driven to help others who want to do the same thing or close to the same thing for and with their trucks. happy to help btw, if you or anyone else has any questions, please ask, and ill try to help and answer to the best of my abilities. I really tried to take alot of care and pay the up-most attention to detail during this install when i did it so i could help others
Old 08-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #47
Mtyoda is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
Mtyoda's Tacoma Gallery
I just put my front 5100's on tonight and my front is high about an 1.5, will be putting my 2" aal on in the morning.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #49
Mtyoda is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
Mtyoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleTRDtaco12 View Post
what do u have the fronts set at??
I put them at 2.5
Old 09-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #51
Grimmis671 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: 11B
Grimmis671's Tacoma Gallery
Pics

Kyle where are the pics of your set up? Curious to see them, I'm waiting on my bilsteins and looking at setting it to .85 to get that level appearance.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #53
Tacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacozilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacozilla's Tacoma Gallery
I know this thread is kinda of old but it has the info I was looking for. Keep it going. I will be doing 5100 @ .85 front / rear new 5100's. I do not think a long bed would make any type of difference with this set up. TRD sport LB
Old 03-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #55
AZ hunter is on a distinguished road
Name: Kade
AZ hunter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I paid less than $300.00 from Down South Motorsports for all 4.
(I just pulled my reciept, $299.99 - $17.00 TW forum discount = $282.99, free shipping. This was a year and a half back)

and no way I'd pay $660.00 in labor to have them installed. The rear is an hour job I can do myself w/o even removing the rear wheels.
The fronts are more work...maybe worth a few hundred, 200-300 Tops.

yes, an alignment will go about 70-100 bux.

I'm also doing this soon. I also ordered a 1/4" spacer from toytec to compensate for taco lean. The left rear is low, but I've read a 1/4" top spacer up front will correct the left. I hope that's true...
Old 03-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #56
TacoPhil is on a distinguished road
TacoPhil's Tacoma Gallery
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150
5100s will work just fine with stock springs........but trd offroad springs are progressive and get stiffer as they are compressed. Using the 5100s to achieve height, ur preloading (compressing) the coils tho. Keep in mind the "progressive rates" and u will effectively make the trd offroad coils give you a rougher/firmer ride.

Trd sport and sr5 coils are linear and preloading them with 5100s still achieves lift, but the ride is supposed to be smoother than if they were offroad coils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleTRDtaco12 View Post
yes, exactly what he said ^^^
I've got a 2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Offroad & this is the 1st I've heard of this. Thx for the info. I'm planning the same leveling stategy with 5100's set at .85 & stock coils. My stock rear is a 3 leaf. I was quoted +/-$200 for labor plus $60 for alignment. kyleTRDtaco12 Thx for the video links & I like what the leveling did to your truck .
This is a link to a lifting article I found useful:
http://www.tacomahq.com/66/tacoma-leveling-lift-kit/
Old 03-23-2014, 07:43 AM   #57
Sisco is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
Sisco's Tacoma Gallery
I just had 5100s done in the front and I did the rear myself. I had the shop use the 1.75" setting up front and it may be just a tad nose high. It is is very close to level and if measured from the hub to the wheel well is only about a 1/4" inch higher in the back. The ride improved greatly and I couldnt be happier with the way it rides now, feels more firm and the body roll is reduced a bunch on the curvy roads.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:54 AM   #58
g8torbrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedg8torbrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedg8torbrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedg8torbrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedg8torbrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedg8torbrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedg8torbrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedg8torbrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedg8torbrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedg8torbrock is one of the sharper tools in the shedg8torbrock is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 319th MTX
g8torbrock's Tacoma Gallery
wanting to do my 2011 TRD/DCSB/OR package with the bi 5100, but the first post says you cant because they have progressive springs. whats the skinny on this boys? Had my mind made until i read this thread. Now not sure what to do. Really thought the 5100's would work. can someone give me some answers please. Thanks