1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Tacoma Questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MikeCB600F, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Aug 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM
    MikeCB600F

MikeCB600F [OP] 4 Cylenders of angry fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Plainfield, IL.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Reg Cab 2.7L 4x4
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau cover
    I just purchased a reg cab with 2.7L 4x4 4spd auto trans.
    There is no oil pressure or volt/amp guages. Has anybody installed the guages?

I could not find the trans fluid dip stick. Where is it? or is it like my mom's Mustang - no dip stick.

Mine does not have intermittant wipers. Has anyone installed it?

I am looking at a soft tonneau cover. Looks like many of you have and like the the Extang Trifecta. The stealership wants $600 and they will install. Sounds like this tonneau can be installed in 10 minutes. I also found another source for the Trifecta for $379. Any other soft tonneaus like the Trifecta?

Mike

2. Aug 14, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    There's tons of threads on tonneau covers, read through some of them. I've been looking around too.

As for the tranny, the Tacoma has a sealed tranny...hence no dipstick. If you change your own oil, don't drain the tranny on accident.....there's threads out there where it's happened!

3. Aug 14, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    pmbazus

pmbazus Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Off Road
    I have a 2012 4WD Reg Cab. I have a Scanguage that shows the volts. The auto dipstick is on the right side of the engine. I have a Access Original Roll Up that I really like. Great cover.

[​IMG]

4. Aug 15, 2012 at 5:23 AM
    B737

B737 Throbbing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab Limited
    stock
    your going to get majory ripped off for a tonneau at a dealer or any retail place. I made that mistake once, and paid $500 for a Access Rollup on my ranger. after installing my Access Vanish on this truck in about 40 minutes i was kicking myself. you can buy them all day long $350-$400 to your door... heres a few details about the Access ones. ive been happy with mine so far.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/226622-review-access-vanish-tonneau.html

wiper switch... easy swap. well worth the sanity...
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/135287-intermittent-wipers-2.html

Products Discussed in

To Top