Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

removing scuff from plastic- need help!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
removing scuff from plastic- need help!

i was backing into my garage tonight and since the light burned out, i couldnt see all that well and the passenger side mirror rubbed against the white painted metal side of the doorway. theres a stripe of while about an inch long on the mirror and im wondering if anyone had any remedies for getting this off =/ thanks!
Old 08-16-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
i was backing into my garage tonight and since the light burned out, i couldnt see all that well and the passenger side mirror rubbed against the white painted metal side of the doorway. theres a stripe of while about an inch long on the mirror and im wondering if anyone had any remedies for getting this off =/ thanks!
just get a sponge with a scratchless scruby side and just scrub off the paint
Old 08-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
wd40 then wax it after.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:53 AM   #4
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
plastic-x plastic polish?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks for the help! a combination of wd 40 then a soft scrubby pad did the trick. idk why i didnt think to use wd 40 in the first place.. it fixes everything!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
trailotter is a glorious beacon of lighttrailotter is a glorious beacon of lighttrailotter is a glorious beacon of lighttrailotter is a glorious beacon of lighttrailotter is a glorious beacon of lighttrailotter is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Michael
trailotter's Tacoma Gallery
Toothpaste and a soft cloth will polish gently. Great for taking out paint scrapes.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
its funny i have the same white mark on my pass. mirror
Old 08-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Dan View Post
its funny i have the same white mark on my pass. mirror
well the above remedies def worked.. give it a try!