Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OR vs SPORT

Old 08-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
Super Jesus
tacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoman00's Tacoma Gallery
OR vs SPORT

I really hate seeing people argue and fight on this thread, because that is by no means the purpose of tw. What i especially get sick of is when i see trd OR owners constantly bashing sport owners or SR5s simply because they have no locker. I have a sport and i have never been stuck. I just wish the bashing would stop. Am i the only one that feels this way?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I haven't seen anyone argue about this lately.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
Super Jesus
tacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I see it all the time. Not necessarily arguing but OR people usually making snyde comments.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I think you are referring to David K. He likes to get a crack in about the scoop whenever he can. I guess it makes him feel like a bigger man or something.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #5
Super Jesus

That and people who always have to comment on how we have no locker. It just gets old after a while
Old 08-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #6
MudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
Well just fire back that the SPORT has everything that the OR owners want, Such has color matched mirrors and bumpers and grill too, then that skewp (i have a 12 OR and WISH I could find someone i could trade to get their skewp!) And also those cool as turn signal mirrors too! I want those. Or maybe the cushy-er ride the sport has. IDK, I give up. I have an OR but I want many of the sport options myself!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I see little comments here and there but I just learned not to pay attention or get involved. I think the OR and Sport edition both have their ups and downs and they are both awesome trucks! Try and learn to ignore those idiots that are on this website.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #8
SFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud of

Name: Brett C
SFSMedic's Tacoma Gallery
It just appears to me that the sport caters to the form crowd and the OR caters to the function crowd. Both designed to do different things.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #9
MOLON LABE
Ragin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud of

Navy: 8452/8404 Corpsman
Name: Doc
Ragin Devildoc's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't get either one for the fact that I can save myself serious money on any upgrades to suspension and I can always add a locker if I wanted to. I can do anything the OR or Sport can do for less. Really haven't seen any bickering though
Old 08-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
the real issue is the 2wd guys who say they can hold their own with 4wd.........laughable
^^^^^This. They say they can and sometimes make it but they have to go 90 to make it. That's froading(sick bro gnar bro offroading) not keeping up with a 4wd.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #11
MOLON LABE
Ragin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud ofRagin Devildoc has much to be proud of

Navy: 8452/8404 Corpsman
Name: Doc
Ragin Devildoc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
the real issue is the 2wd guys who say they can hold their own with 4wd.........laughable
Now that I can completely agree with. I don't plan on fording any rivers, lakes, mountain passes or even the occasional sewer system
Old 08-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #12
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
I like how the OP started a discussion about the very discussion he hates to see. Wut.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #14
Banned
Skewp!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #15
Super Jesus

I started the discussion as a question
Asking if anybody else saw the same thing. And my whole point is not just the conflict between OR and sport, its all the conflicts on tw. I come on here to ask questions and learn, not to mention the occasional buy/sell/trade. But i get sick of people just coming up here to start arguments. Some people (i have a few usernames in mind) seem like all they do is cause trouble and i hate that because its not what this forum is for.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #16
4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
4x4Taco2012's Tacoma Gallery
Both are great trucks. I could care less which model it is, as long as it's a Tacoma. I'm with you, though, it gets old seeing the snide comments after someone posts an honest question about something.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #17
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
I think the biggest thing is people like to stir the pot and like to see people`s reaction. Besides that.....Toyota offers options for a reason, not everyone wants a OR or a Sport....I bet you that of those that buy an OR only a few actually USE the truck as its designed, excluding those on TW, I have a sport and wish I had the OR for the locker but I don`t want to give up the 6` bed so I have to live with what I bought but I`m ok with that....I have a Toyota!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #18
beeesmitty is on a distinguished road

beeesmitty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigB View Post
I think the biggest thing is people like to stir the pot and like to see people`s reaction. Besides that.....Toyota offers options for a reason, not everyone wants a OR or a Sport....I bet you that of those that buy an OR only a few actually USE the truck as its designed, excluding those on TW, I have a sport and wish I had the OR for the locker but I don`t want to give up the 6` bed so I have to live with what I bought but I`m ok with that....I have a Toyota!
SR5 FTW!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #19
Banned
All Taco models are lame!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #20
Spitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Spitz Stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
All Taco models are lame!

^ ^ ^ ^
This. Everyone knows the Pro 4X Rules!