LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2015 New Tacoma Redesign...

Old 08-23-2012, 05:15 AM   #21
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKnight View Post
I was wondering when the 2015 rumor thread would make an appearance
It was only a matter of time man.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #22
Spitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Spitz Stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapetik View Post
They have the "They'll buy what we make" mentality that destroyed the big 3 in the 1980's. The reliablity factor will only carry them so far and it seems to be slowing. The corolla is another good example; 4-speed trans, poor power and mpg compared to others in it's class, and less options. Still best selling in it's class, but the others are gaining. Wake up Toyota!

Who do you think is 'Gaining'? The Tacoma has over 40% market share - as of 2011 when the Ranger was still available. The Ranger was number 2 in market share and the Tacoma outsold it almost 2-to-1.

Now the Ranger is gone, the Colorado is gone, and Nissan is not likely to redesign the Frontier any sooner than the Tacoma gets a redesign. So who is going to challenge Toyota for the midsize truck crown? Should we all be afraid of the new Rental Car Grade Colorado if / when GM brings it here?
Old 08-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #23
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
I'm wondering why the 2012 redesign dropped by $3200 on my model and comes with more. Toyota cheaping out on other things?

Many people don't care bought diesels or modding for that matter. We are a small group.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #24
Kooltaco is on a distinguished road
Kooltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night View Post
I'm wondering why the 2012 redesign dropped by $3200 on my model and comes with more. Toyota cheaping out on other things? .
That is only because presently the Canadian Dollar is above par with the U.S. Dollar, making imports from the U.S. cheaper for us. Wait until our dollar drops again and watch the price of our Vehicles rise.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
Thelt is on a distinguished road
Thelt's Tacoma Gallery
Diesels would make a lot of sense in trucks and SUVs. I used to own a Jeep and everyone on the forum I went to back then wanted more diesel Jeeps and were crazy about any CRD they could find. I think US emissions laws are the big reasons we do not get many diesels while almost every car sold in Europe has it as an option.

I doubt Toyota starts the trend though. They are more likely to do it if some other car maker starts doing it successfully.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #26
Tacoma World is an addiction!
Kansas_SR5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
Kansas_SR5's Tacoma Gallery
So would we see that at the end of 2014 as a new 2015 model or will we see it at the end of 2015 as a new 2016 model? I'm just waiting for the redesign. My 2010 is about to hit 25K. So in 3 yrs I'll have 65-75K miles and will be ready to trade in!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:42 AM   #27
Thelt is on a distinguished road
Thelt's Tacoma Gallery
My plan is to keep my '12 for at least 10 years. I drive about 15k miles per year and 150k should be no problem for a Toyota, especially since I plan to keep the maintenance up to date.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:48 AM   #28
JirafaBo is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
JirafaBo's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 08-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #29
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitz Stang View Post
Who do you think is 'Gaining'? The Tacoma has over 40% market share - as of 2011 when the Ranger was still available. The Ranger was number 2 in market share and the Tacoma outsold it almost 2-to-1.

Now the Ranger is gone, the Colorado is gone, and Nissan is not likely to redesign the Frontier any sooner than the Tacoma gets a redesign. So who is going to challenge Toyota for the midsize truck crown? Should we all be afraid of the new Rental Car Grade Colorado if / when GM brings it here?
Ya the new Ranger is available in Australia and selling like crazy, looks damn nice too (although I hate the old Ranger so anything is an improvement). Also the Ranger comes in 20+ versions (single, super and double cabs, 2x4, 4x4, and DIESEL!)

And, they already had a major recall since it's launch at the begging of the year...

I don't know how else Toyota is going to get the MPG up to the new standard but I can't imagine they won't follow suit as Ford will be releasing the Ranger here soon.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #30
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadSurfTaco View Post
Ya the new Ranger is available in Australia and selling like crazy, looks damn nice too (although I hate the old Ranger so anything is an improvement). Also the Ranger comes in 20+ versions (single, super and double cabs, 2x4, 4x4, and DIESEL!)

And, they already had a major recall since it's launch at the begging of the year...

I don't know how else Toyota is going to get the MPG up to the new standard but I can't imagine they won't follow suit as Ford will be releasing the Ranger here soon.

looks like ford is trying to compete with the hilux, very similar body design
Old 08-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #31
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
looks like ford is trying to compete with the hilux, very similar body design
That's been out for some time now.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #32
pbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
pbm317's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadSurfTaco View Post

I don't know if you're in the States... but Ford has repeatedly said they will not be bringing the new Ranger to the States. It would steal sales from their more profitable F-150 and it wouldn't have enough volume to establish a production line within North America, without which they would be subject to the Chicken Tax of importing light trucks, which would bump the price by 25%.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #33
R.A.M.F (Rad Ass Mutha Fu$ka)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm all good with this! 2015? Are you serious? You mean I get to drive around in a truck design that last 10 years. WOW. Most vehicles get changed out in 4 years.

I can't wait to buy another Tacoma around 2016/17.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #34
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm317 View Post
I don't know if you're in the States... but Ford has repeatedly said they will not be bringing the new Ranger to the States. It would steal sales from their more profitable F-150 and it wouldn't have enough volume to establish a production line within North America, without which they would be subject to the Chicken Tax of importing light trucks, which would bump the price by 25%.

I just read this article:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...e/viewall.html

It explains what you said as well as more details. Don't blame the US for not wanting to bring them here just to complete with the 150's but also the fact that Aussies are paying 53k for them says a lot about concentrating on the global market instead lol...

Either way, Toyota still has to get the MPG up for 2016, so there will have to be a redesign in the engine. Lots of people say diesel then lots say it's not going to happen, it's interesting to say the least.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #35
Ga tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudy
Ga tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
While everyone is fixating on the engine options, Toyota is going to have lose a lot of weight from the body. I would venture to say that Toyota will drop the frame and body design and go to a Honda Ridgeline style of a unibody with a lot of aluminum used. We will see what the future brings.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #36
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
I bet Toyota will drag their feet and keep the current Tacoma until 2015. It's been seven years and it's still basically the same truck and from what others have said, only minor changes to 2013. I like diesel but don't believe it would be an option due to cost, emissions and demand in the US. Most likely a DI and a 6 speed auto to boost mpg.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #37
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
From what I've been reading on the net (not that any of it is true) you should expect to see a Nissan Titan (mid-size truck) with diesel in 2015. The articles I've read said the President of Nissan Mtrs would have liked the big three lead the way but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. So Nissan has partner'd with Cummins and with 15 million from DOT/EPA it looks like they may very well introduce a diesel truck with rumored 30MPG. Hope it's true but would love to see Toyota Hilux come in but don't think it will happen. If anything maybe the Tundra will see it first but I'm betting that is all that will happen for some time.

Nissan Titan is hemorging money and sales due to their truck and gas mileage. Nissan knows it will have to do something and soon.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #38
kyleTRDtaco12 has a spectacular aura aboutkyleTRDtaco12 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kyle
kyleTRDtaco12's Tacoma Gallery
you know what? im happy toyota isnt drastically changing the tacoma till 2016 ish.. cause if u havent noticed, look how long it took the 1st gens to be phased out and they sold excelltent between minor face lifts and such, just like the 2nd gen, just had its first facelift in 2012 after 7 years.. i hate when car companys do a major redesign within 2 or 4 years.. that shows they have no confidence in their product and only want to make money and they dont care about the consumer, toyota, on the other hand knows what works, and look where they are, and where they stand in this truck market.....
Old 08-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #39
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
True...but...if toyota is to maintain it's market share it must respond to the challenges of competition. The Amarok from VW is poised to make an entry into the U.S. market within the next 5 years. Not so long if you look at what they must do in order to tool up and ramp up their parts acquisitions in lead times. VW has also built a new plant in Chattanoga Tn that will be capable of building an Amarok with little modification. It is state of the art. Toyota must be ready to respond within a year I believe or they will start to lose market share and that is a hard thing to get back....

Products Discussed in this Thread