Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2015 New Tacoma Redesign...

Old 09-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #41
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
My bowels haven't released any new info about the redesign. Maybe I need to eat off of the lunch truck.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #42
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Drink a cup of coffee that's what works for me. Or a Dr. Pepper!!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #43
Spruce Juice is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
Spruce Juice's Tacoma Gallery
I believe there is room in the market place for a compact truck to be smaller than the current 2nd generation Tacoma. For me, the Ford Ranger and 1st generation Tacoma/Pickup (I owned an 95 and 84 respectively) size is ideal. If the Ranger isn't so long in the tooth I might have considered it even though I hate that it's a Ford. The 2nd generation Taco is really a mid size truck like the Dodge Dakota that preceded it. Maybe the Koreans Kia or Hyundai will fill that niche market and bring in a true compact truck. As for the global Ranger that is not planned for North America, it's a big truck. The Motor Trend article says it is within 10% of all dimensions of a F-150. That would be like the 1st generation Tundra. Too big.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #44
TechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant futureTechJunky has a brilliant future

Name: Eric
TechJunky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 503TRD View Post
If there was a diesel...I'm getting rid of mine and getting it...then I'm never letting it go and modded the hell out of it!

Buuut probably won't be a diesel :/
I'm with you there. Hilux diesel would rock!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #45
Saskamoose is on a distinguished road
Saskamoose's Tacoma Gallery
A little off topic but it would be interesting if Mazda decided to reenter the mid-size truck segment with a unit body platform based on their skyactiv tech with the awesome looking skyactiv diesel as an option. Doubt it would happen but it would be an interesting concept.

http://blip.tv/drivingsports/mazda-s...-drive-5507003
Old 09-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #46
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruce Juice View Post
I believe there is room in the market place for a compact truck to be smaller than the current 2nd generation Tacoma. For me, the Ford Ranger and 1st generation Tacoma/Pickup (I owned an 95 and 84 respectively) size is ideal. If the Ranger isn't so long in the tooth I might have considered it even though I hate that it's a Ford. The 2nd generation is Taco is really a mid size truck like the Dodge Dakota that preceded it. Maybe the Koreans Kia or Hyundai will fill that niche market and bring in a true compact truck. As for the global Ranger that is not planned for North America, it's a big truck. The Motor Trend article says it is within 10% of all dimensions of a F-150. That would be like the 1st generation Tundra. Too big.
I currently own a 95 (not a 95.5 but a real 95) Tacoma and looking for some suspension parts for it the other day I was surprised to hear how small my truck was. Hmmm guess I never looked at it that way. But when I drove a Hilux in Afghanistan it was the same size as my Tacoma....who knows maybe we've come full cirlce on the body size and style.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #47
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
My bowels haven't released any new info about the redesign. Maybe I need to eat off of the lunch truck.
Going to be a shitty deal
Old 09-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #48
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
you and your crappy jokes!

I vote they go their favorite route... option for a 2.7L atkinson engine on 5 luggers!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #49
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Going to be a shitty deal
Old 09-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #50
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently very happy with my 2012 Tacoma and looking forward to a few mods.

What happens in a few years to the Tacoma is really of no current concern of mine.

And no...I don't want a diesel.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #51
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i was watching video reviews on tool boxes, on you tube. it sent me to some tundra site, and i read that toyota maybe making a new diesel for the US. to put in the tundra and tacoma. no proof tho.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #52
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
not to be a ass......but im so tired of these bullshit threads.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #53
It seemed like a good idea at the time...
RickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: Retired
RickG's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to RickG
^^^ Yeah... I just can't resist clicking on them though.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #54
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
You have every right.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #55
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
Ya but this is the first one that showed that Toyota is definitively redesigning the Tacoma (Generation 3). Plus they have to meet new MPG standards.

As this is the 'Tacoma World' forum it's definitely a interesting topic. Lots of people are posting they 'don't care,' but I don't believe them, not at all lol...
Old 09-19-2012, 03:00 AM   #56
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Blueberry's Tacoma Gallery
I dig it. Always up for a little automotive news/speculation. Especially if it has to do with the Toyota truck line.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #57

rme's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm not mistaken Toyota was ready to put a diesel in the Tundra in 2009 or 2010 but the economy went south. Due to lagging sales they decided against it--but still have the plans ready...if and when.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #58
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
I was just about to get a new truck. Should I hold out for the 2015's?

Old 09-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #59
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12DblCab View Post

Just as you are going to buy, hold out for the redesign so you end up never buying anything.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #60

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12DblCab View Post

That's what I'm holding out for. But then again I just got my 95 broke in at 190,000.