Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2015 New Tacoma Redesign...

Old 08-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
2015 New Tacoma Redesign...

Just in time for the 2016 CAFE MPG standards...

http://www.autonews.com/assets/pdf/f...apan1_2012.PDF

"The truck standard has to rise from 23.5 mpg to 28.8. " Car & Driver.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...cafe-standards

Any guesses on what the MPG will be? What type of engines will be available? Diesel?

What other changes do you think are in store? Finally get factory heated seats (other than in Canada)? Or maybe heated mirrors finally? What else?

I am keeping my 09 until then...
Old 08-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Don't know, don't care. It will never be a diesel either.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Those are some pretty high expectations.... I won't be in a 2016 or newer model any time soon, though. I'll take 90's-2000's engineering any day.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:29 AM   #5
2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2006KJ's Tacoma Gallery
they will probably change the hood,headlights,grille, and bumper
Old 08-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #6
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota IS going to have to meet those milage figures. Either new technology is coming to the engine bay, or it's not going to be a very powerful next gen truck. Diesel, turbo, supercharger, still gonna have to get 28 mpg soon.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #7
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
Remember that this is an average, so a highly fuel efficient 4 cylinder Tacoma can offset a 6 cylinder lower MPG's. A lighter 4 cyl with stoplight shutoff technology and some other electronic wizardry could help. The CAFE isn't measure by models sold, just models available. I'd love to see a 4 cyl TDi for the Taco, and I would buy one in a heartbeat, but my guess is they would go with an EcoBoost-type technology long before a turbodiesel.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #8
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Which sucks because Toyota has some of the best turbo diesels around overseas, and down south, way south, like south America
Old 08-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #10
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuxdiesel View Post
Remember that this is an average, so a highly fuel efficient 4 cylinder Tacoma can offset a 6 cylinder lower MPG's. A lighter 4 cyl with stoplight shutoff technology and some other electronic wizardry could help. The CAFE isn't measure by models sold, just models available. I'd love to see a 4 cyl TDi for the Taco, and I would buy one in a heartbeat, but my guess is they would go with an EcoBoost-type technology long before a turbodiesel.
Yes I agree about the direct injection, we will probably see that first.

Anyways, they are going to use a weighted average based on vehicles sold.

Ford cannot introduce a base model 4cyl f-150 to offset the millions of normal f150s they sell.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:51 AM   #11
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
As posted earlier, if they decide to drop a diesel motor in the Tacoma I will drop what i'm doing and run to the dealer to buy one.

Honestly, it's extremely doubtful. Diesel cars do not have the sales like their gasoline counterparts do, what makes you think the trucks will be any different? Not to mention the cost of a diesel over a gas powered vehicle is substantial.

However, Toyota would have the market cornered if they introduced a diesel Tacoma as no one else has a mid-sized diesel truck capable of hauling the boat to the lake at 2pm and taking the misses out to a fancy restaurant at 8pm.

Just my .02
Old 08-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #12
geoff7877 has a spectacular aura aboutgeoff7877 has a spectacular aura about

geoff7877's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadSurfTaco View Post
What other changes do you think are in store? Finally get factory heated seats (other than in Canada)? Or maybe heated mirrors finally? What else?

I am keeping my 09 until then...
I read yesterday that heated seats would be a 2013 option. Guess we'll know in a little while.

Hopefully they don't screw up the truck. My lease is upon 2016 so hopefully I'll have a 2016 sitting in the driveway.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #13
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering when the 2015 rumor thread would make an appearance
Old 08-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #14
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
It's all speculation till Toyota comes out with an official press release. I'm not really concerned about 2015, it's still a long ways out.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #15
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmerboy2112 View Post
As posted earlier, if they decide to drop a diesel motor in the Tacoma I will drop what i'm doing and run to the dealer to buy one.

Honestly, it's extremely doubtful. Diesel cars do not have the sales like their gasoline counterparts do, what makes you think the trucks will be any different? Not to mention the cost of a diesel over a gas powered vehicle is substantial.
More sales are mainly due to market inertia. Diesel cars seem to do quite well in other countries.

Prices are higher HERE, they do not have to be. Part of the reason they're higher here is that diesel engines are treated as a premium option, when they should just be one more engine option. Other countries manage to have price differentials that are 1/10 what the US price differential is on a similar model. EPA regulations are the common scapegoat for this price difference. If true, modifications need to be made to the law to promote diesel adoption in the country.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #16
dapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: David
dapetik's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota will never do anything any of us want on the Taco's. If you haven't noticed, our trucks are the bastard child of their corporation. I don't understand why though since it hold's like 60% of the market and typically outsells the overgrown Tundra. Give us a damn diesel already you A-holes! Or even a freakin' sunroof.....
Old 08-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #17
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapetik View Post
Toyota will never do anything any of us want on the Taco's. If you haven't noticed, our trucks are the bastard child of their corporation. I don't understand why though since it hold's like 60% of the market and typically outsells the overgrown Tundra. Give us a damn diesel already you A-holes! Or even a freakin' sunroof.....
They make what sells. A hand full of people may want something but there are millions out there that could give a rats ass about those same options. If you truly want certain options it is beat to build your own.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #18
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
They make what sells. A hand full of people may want something but there are millions out there that could give a rats ass about those same options. If you truly want certain options it is beat to build your own.
I agree. Out of all the Tacoma drivers in the US we make up a small group that are into mods,diesels and so on. Most people want a smooth riding, quiet and chromed out truck to drive to bLowe's to pick up a box of nails. We are for the most part the only country in the world where people who don't need trucks still buy them (we also have the largest trucks). Give me a diesel Hilux, 75 series LC or a LR Defender 110 and ill be set.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
dapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: David
dapetik's Tacoma Gallery
They have the "They'll buy what we make" mentality that destroyed the big 3 in the 1980's. The reliablity factor will only carry them so far and it seems to be slowing. The corolla is another good example; 4-speed trans, poor power and mpg compared to others in it's class, and less options. Still best selling in it's class, but the others are gaining. Wake up Toyota!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #20
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapetik View Post
They have the "They'll buy what we make" mentality that destroyed the big 3 in the 1980's. The reliablity factor will only carry them so far and it seems to be slowing. The corolla is another good example; 4-speed trans, poor power and mpg compared to others in it's class, and less options. Still best selling in it's class, but the others are gaining. Wake up Toyota!
so true...