1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interior paint job!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by amoomaw, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Dec 14, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    You haven't bought in that whole " ... man landing on the moon thing ..." have you? :cool:

2. Dec 14, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    jamesnev

jamesnev Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    British Columbia
    You dont have step by steps on how to remove all of the plastic pieces? Im about to plasti dip the same parts to go black

3. Dec 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    amoomaw

amoomaw [OP] Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    pioneer 4300dvd, subwoofer, axxes steering wheel controls, remote start, painted rims, stereo usb/ipod converter, tinted fog and tail lights, low profile window shades, tinted windows, low profile bed top, custom grillcraft grill, blacked out headlights+tint film, night shaded driving lights mounted under hood, night shaded 3rd brakelight, film tinted tail lights, aftermarket pop'n'lock tail gait lock, light switch added for off-road lights, headlight "eyebrows", remote start, hardwired radar detector, seat belt chime disabled, disabled drl, painted interior, custom leather seat covers.
    No step by step. It's not hard to figure out. Start by taking out the stereo then go into the center console and so forth.

4. Dec 14, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    amoomaw

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    pioneer 4300dvd, subwoofer, axxes steering wheel controls, remote start, painted rims, stereo usb/ipod converter, tinted fog and tail lights, low profile window shades, tinted windows, low profile bed top, custom grillcraft grill, blacked out headlights+tint film, night shaded driving lights mounted under hood, night shaded 3rd brakelight, film tinted tail lights, aftermarket pop'n'lock tail gait lock, light switch added for off-road lights, headlight "eyebrows", remote start, hardwired radar detector, seat belt chime disabled, disabled drl, painted interior, custom leather seat covers.

The arm rest has a leather cover that came with my seat covers. so no wear there. So far I havn't had anyone even notice(in person) that I painted the interoir other than people that own tacomas.

5. Sep 13, 2013 at 4:09 AM
    ST3VE

ST3VE IG: @fishsohard

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Tint, car seat, baby wipes
    Ok. So it has been over a year since you have done this. I have been checking in here periodically. Whats the status on the paint? Is there any chipping or cracking yet? Have you needed to touch up anything?

6. Apr 29, 2014 at 6:39 PM
    BeeRadd

BeeRadd Bought not built.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Fountain Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB LT 4x4
    Hey OP, hows the paint holding up? Have thought about doing this mod. I was going to use SimplySpray for the fabric and carpet. It's a fabric spray that doesn't get tacky or sticky after taking a day to dry. I highly suggest checking it out if you wanted to go further with this. :)

7. Apr 30, 2014 at 2:13 AM
    BronsDaGreat

BronsDaGreat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bronson
    Wahiawa, HI
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCSB
    6" FabTech Lift 20x12 Fuel Hostage Wheels 33x12.5 Toyo M/T Camburg Uni's UCA Spintech Muffler AppRadio 3 BHLM Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners WeatherTech Vent Visors 6000k HID Headlights and fogs All Lighting Changed To LED AntennaX 13" Antenna Ceramic Tint K&N Drop In Filter Fully Debadged Blacked Out Emblem
    Damn you just went paint crazy!! The arm rest!! LMAO!!

8. May 1, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    amoomaw

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    The paint has help up perfectly. I have had no issues with cracking or damage. I will check into that SimplySpray for the carpet, thanks man. Don't have much free time these days but maybe pick some up for a rainy day with a babysitter.

9. May 1, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    amoomaw

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    Arm rest has leather cover over it...

10. May 1, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    Looks different
    Does the cab still smell like paint?

11. May 1, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    Rupp1

Rupp1 "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR Auto Silver Sky 4x4 / 2017 4Runner Premium
    Back in the late 70's I re-did a few interiors for some people. I used a product called Mar-Hyde. You had to get it from an auto paint store and spray it with a gun, but worked great. Color changes on any vinyl or carpet were easy. Great flexability. You can still buy it today but in cans at O'Reilly auto parts.

12. Feb 2, 2016 at 10:46 AM
    Captain Taco

Captain Taco RipCity

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black Tacoma Sport
    3" Lift, Krank Fuel Wheels, TRD Pro Grill, Curved Roof LED Light Bar
    Didn't look like you did in your pic! But was curious if you did the emblem on the steering wheel? And if you did how hard was it to remove it? Have been wanting to paint my red. image.jpg

13. Feb 3, 2016 at 4:10 AM
    amoomaw

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    I think their is a thread on how to remove the steering wheel emblem out there. I didn't mess with mine, thought about removing it along time ago but never got to it.

14. Feb 3, 2016 at 4:23 AM
    PackCon

PackCon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Vehicle:
    2017 Subaru Forester Limited
    Just for future reference. If people make new posts like this, don't unless you remember the brand of paint you used.

Completely unhelpful if we don't know what paint to not get.

15. Feb 3, 2016 at 11:14 AM
    Captain Taco

Captain Taco RipCity

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black Tacoma Sport
    3" Lift, Krank Fuel Wheels, TRD Pro Grill, Curved Roof LED Light Bar
    Gotcha! I'll look for that thread. Thought maybe you had sense you had done the rest of the interior! Thank you for the input :)

16. Feb 3, 2016 at 11:39 AM
    WhiteNemesis

WhiteNemesis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr PattyCakes
    T-Town, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Cant get enough
    Blow it through the roof
    OP @amoomaw i realize this is a zombie thread brought back to like after 4 years, but I am curious to see pics of the interior controls both day and night shots.

The control text are blacked out during the day and light up at night? I bet that looks slick

And does anyone know what happened to the posts made by ghost?

17. Feb 3, 2016 at 6:51 PM
    amoomaw

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    I will try to put up some pics of the inside sometime, both day/night. It looks the same with the exception of some new leds where your feet are and new whetherbeater floor mats. Who is ghost?

18. Feb 3, 2016 at 6:54 PM
    amoomaw

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    the controls are lit up whenever the lights are on.

19. Feb 4, 2016 at 12:00 PM
    WhiteNemesis

WhiteNemesis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr PattyCakes
    T-Town, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Cant get enough
    Blow it through the roof
    Excited to see, have you had to touch anything up? I may have to do this one depending on how it looks from you pics to be posted! Want to see just a direct show of them controls day and night. Thank you sir. Also, how do you like the leather arm rest and seat covers? Were they a seat cloth replacement or overlay?
    I saw a lot of quotes of his post through this thread and not a single post of ghost, only quotes of his posts. Just curious what happened, as that was years ago.

20. Feb 4, 2016 at 6:42 PM
    Silence9

Silence9 Solve et Coagula

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Looks awesome. I don't know what's with Grey, nobody likes Grey. This is exactly what I need to do for my blacked out Tacoma.

Products Discussed in

To Top