1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cab Mount Chop

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by veet skeet, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Aug 20, 2012 at 11:03 PM
    veet skeet

veet skeet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    14 4Runner Trail Edition MGM
    Bilstein 5100s, 17' Method NV Race Wheels, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17, Demello Sliders, Xenon/LEDs All Around, Dark Window Tint, Gobi Roof Rack (In the Mail), JL Audio Subs, Alpine Speakers and Amps
    Anybody know what shops in the Orange County SoCal area do a good cab mount chop and what their rates are? Need to get one done.

2. Aug 20, 2012 at 11:10 PM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    Look up sick nicks fab here on the forum. He did mine for a great price!

3. Aug 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM
    veet skeet

veet skeet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    14 4Runner Trail Edition MGM
    Bilstein 5100s, 17' Method NV Race Wheels, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17, Demello Sliders, Xenon/LEDs All Around, Dark Window Tint, Gobi Roof Rack (In the Mail), JL Audio Subs, Alpine Speakers and Amps
    I just went to sick nicks today...

And I must say I was very disappointed and turned off. The guy himself lacks basic social skills and was very unprofessional and rude. I called a couple times in the morning during work hours and got no answer, then when I get there he asks if I called and I replied that I had a couple times. Then he goes on about excuses about how the phone was ringing so much and that he didn't answer because he was "occupied"... He was just standing outside taking with another dude. The shop itself was very dirty and unprofessional in itself and unorganized.

I do not recommend this place to anybody, I don't care if he can do a cab mount chop or not.

Anybody know any other places in the SoCal area that does cab mount chops besides KR?

4. Aug 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    damn, i guess I should tow my truck out of his shop then :D

If you want, come up to Alhambra and my buddies can do it for ya for like $80 or something. We dont have a nice pretty professional shop tho

5. Aug 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    HonoluluTaco

HonoluluTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    2010 TRD OffRoad DC/SB, 285/70/17 KM2's, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Total Chaos UCA's King 2.5 RR Coilover 3" AllPro Leaf Pack, 2.0 Fox RR, Ubolt flip kit, MBRP dual cat back, URD TCAI and MAF Calibrator, TRD Sport Hood w/ scoop, E&G Classics Custom Stainless Grill, Color matched grill and door handles WeatherTech floor mats, FormulaOne Pinacle 15%+Air blue windshield Tint, RedLine hood struts, TRD 3rd Brake light Decal, Relentless Fab Hybrid 2 piece Sliders with Kick out Relentless Fab Aluminum Front bumper, Relentless steel rear bumper, Relentless Steel IFS B.A.M.F LCA Skids, w/ Rear Diff Skid ordered In my Spare room waiting to be installed sits, Wet Okoles, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, SockMonkey Hawaii TRD OffRoad Decal, Big box of Rammat, Speakers and Custom Sub from Mr.Marv,
    Any body can do it so don't worry about taking it to a quality place, but also don't give your money to dicks. I did mine in my parking stall of my apartment, about an hour total.
    You'll need a 1 jack, 1 jack stand and an angle grinder with at least 3 cut wheels, a sharpie, BAMF plates, oh and check out the sticky, I printed out the photos and did it from there. Came out nice. While your at it cut the pinch weld...
    Good luck...

6. Aug 21, 2012 at 11:12 AM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN

FAB guys are good at what they do. However through experience with a few FAB guys. Communication and social skills are lacking if its a small man operation. They're only capable of doing so much.

Shit, try to get a hold of TIM @ DMZ. He doesnt really pick up neither. I have a great relationship with Kenny @ KR Fab. That dude goes GHOST sometimes and getting a hold of him is like finding Big Foot. Yes it pisses me off and I'm used to NORDSTROM customer service but Fab guys are far from that. Lower you expectation on communication but expect more on the work is what I think.

Big places like Camburg, Kings, SDHQ has the man power and money to have receptionist and staff to take care of that. They can afford a pretty shop as well. ;)

Remember the money you save from going to a local fab guy reflects the over head and cost to stay in business. Hence why you can snag a much better deal from Sick Nick. ​

Products Discussed in

To Top