Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

a few bucks for mods on the new taco. suggestions...

Old 08-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
a few bucks for mods on the new taco. suggestions...

i just got an email from Toyota stating they are processing my $250 clearance deal debit card. it should be here in a few weeks. what should i get?

i'm thinking a bike mount for the track system, tint the front windows, speakers, alarm install (i already own viper alarm/remote start), 50 cans of derp, side steps, weathertechs, devil horns (i don't think Andres takes cc)...

what would you do?

eye candy:

Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
all depends on what you are in too and were u live .

For example i go out on the beach and surf fish. So i got a front hitch for my surf rack, tonnue to keep everything else dry for the ride down, a 6" lift, tires,and Window tint.

I am still debating on geting weathertech floormats for this winter here in maryland because they do not know how to handle the roads here. It seems they put salt on top of salt. but my 2012 has black flooring so i wonder if it will be worth it ?

Auto start is good for cold and hot areas and is next for me.

As for a bike mount for the rail system i got three at performance bike a while back when they were on clearence. much cheaper then toyota

Other ideas if you put small items in the back of your truck you might want a bed mat as things seem to slide very easy.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
sc and solid axle just to start you off
Old 08-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Gas.
the dealer tried to get me out of the dealership on an empty tank. no way man. of course they filled it up but i did have to ask. $68 right there!

they also didn't give me a valet key so i'm having them make me one. i've picked up all kinds of random things on TW.

i'm in Seattle so weathertechs are probably a good idea.

i'll definately check Performance for a bike thing. i was thinking REI but Performance has to be cheaper.

please point me in the direction of $250 sc.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
www.salexorganizers.com
salex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Todd
salex's Tacoma Gallery
First 2 things I did

I bought a 2012 end of March. First I bought Husky Liners for the front and rear floor mats and then AVS door sill protectors to save the paint. Both fit perfect and protect the truck.

Third thing was make a center console organizer...
Old 08-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely Weathertechs. Should be first on everybody's list.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
wahchile is a glorious beacon of lightwahchile is a glorious beacon of lightwahchile is a glorious beacon of lightwahchile is a glorious beacon of lightwahchile is a glorious beacon of light
wahchile's Tacoma Gallery
wet okole seat covers.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
That $250.00 would get you a few things HERE
Old 08-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Save up for a lift.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #11
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
Console vault, Weathertechs, hood struts, bed liner, hose clamp for tailgate.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #12

lawless's Tacoma Gallery
weathertechs clearly in the lead. i don't expect to be able to wait for a group buy. where does one pick them up (cheaply)?

black or gray? nevermind. black.

doing the tailgate hoseclamp this weekend.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #13
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless View Post
the dealer tried to get me out of the dealership on an empty tank. no way man. of course they filled it up but i did have to ask. $68 right there!

they also didn't give me a valet key so i'm having them make me one. i've picked up all kinds of random things on TW.

i'm in Seattle so weathertechs are probably a good idea.

i'll definately check Performance for a bike thing. i was thinking REI but Performance has to be cheaper.

please point me in the direction of $250 sc.
Nice truck man! I just picked up the exact same truck two weeks ago, except mine has entune. I tinted the front windows since thew were bascially clear glass. Then did the console organizer, that's a great mod. AFter that I spent waaaaaaaaaaay more than $250 on wheels & lift. you could do a Magnaflow muffler for about $90 on eBay. Leather TRD shift knob is about $70.

I lived in Seattle for a few years, sounds shady that they were going to let you leave on "E". let me guess, it was the Toyota downtown?
Old 08-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #14

lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
Leather TRD shift knob is about $70.

I lived in Seattle for a few years, sounds shady that they were going to let you leave on "E". let me guess, it was the Toyota downtown?
it wasn't dt but i had some 'experiences' with that dealership. imo they are all shady. they got about $500 more out of me just because i don't have the energy to constantly argue with them for a fair price. it's very difficult to get a good price on Tacoma in the PNW. i'm glad that the shopping/buying bit is out of the way so now i can enjoy my new truck.

yeah, weathertechs and window tint is probably going to chew up this $250. shift knob is a pretty good idea to. i'll have to add that to my list.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
250 won't buy a new set of good boards/tubes (not OEM anyway)

so the weathertechs and tint is probably a good suggestion.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #16
bmiller541 is on a distinguished road
bmiller541's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it wasn't dt but i had some 'experiences' with that dealership. imo they are all shady. they got about $500 more out of me just because i don't have the energy to constantly argue with them for a fair price. it's very difficult to get a good price on Tacoma in the PNW. i'm glad that the shopping/buying bit is out of the way so now i can enjoy my new truck.

yeah, weathertechs and window tint is probably going to chew up this $250. shift knob is a pretty good idea to. i'll have to add that to my list.

NICE TRUCK! Got the exact same truck from Magic Toyota. I got pretty lazy towards the end of negotiations as well..paid 30.7K before taxes.

I'm in the same boat as you. Weathertechs will probably be my frist purchase since I work at a shipyard. I don't know how you feel about the stock tires but I HATE the stock tires, so a small lift and slightly bigger and better tires are on my list.

I would also recommend getting a good wax on it before the weather gets bad, gotta protect that new paint!! It's kinda stupid that Toyota doesn't wax it.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #17

lawless's Tacoma Gallery
i tried to buy a used 2012 dcsb sport w/entrune from Magic about two weeks ago. it was just traded in with about 2,000 miles. they wanted more for the used truck than i could purchase new!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #18
bmiller541 is on a distinguished road
bmiller541's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i tried to buy a used 2012 dcsb sport w/entrune from Magic about two weeks ago. it was just traded in with about 2,000 miles. they wanted more for the used truck than i could purchase new!
I tried to buy that exact same truck!!! small world. That's how I ended up with the one I got. 34k for a used 2012 or 30.5k for a brand new one minus an overpriced navigation....
Old 08-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #19

lawless's Tacoma Gallery
USAA pricing on Entune is about $1,700. i was going to get it until i drove that truck with it and decided i don't like it at all.

i figure this will be about $1,000 in 6-8 months and i'll pick it up: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500INEZ...D.html?tp=5684
Old 08-23-2012, 05:20 AM   #20
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
Get a Lift