1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Military Rebate - Need Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GatorQ, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Aug 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    Catcrazed

Catcrazed Love is Dogs and Toyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen Flatbed 3.4
    91 Flatbed, 4.88's, ARBs, SAS, 3.4 Swap, 35s, M8000, lots lights, Aux tank, Protech
    Says rite on toyotas site. Sorry man no budging on that its toyotas deal not the dealer. Like previous suggestions try to get some husky liners or better yet have them peel off those damn rugged trails and put some real tires under it for ya.

2. Aug 21, 2012 at 11:48 PM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Why argue? Why complain? Why haggle? Why cause yourself more undue stress? Why decline delivery of the truck? The answer is simple, finance thru Toyota to get your $500 rebate, then promoptly apply to your bank of choice to refinance at a lower rate...easy. I did the same thing when I purchased my wife's 2011 Sienna last year with no issues with Toyota or USAA. If USAA will finance you, Toyota will too. Play their game take their money. You can still finance through your bank at a lower interest rate, it will just be 1 extra step. Totally worth $500 if you ask me.

3. Aug 22, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    GatorQ

GatorQ [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport, DCSB, AT, 4x4, Nautical Blue
    JBL Entune, TRD Exhaust, Skid Plate, DRLs, Tow Package. Seat heaters w/ Toyota OEM rotary switches, Access LE Tonneau, OEM Chrome Grille Surround Future Mods: WeatherTechs & Locking Tailgate.
    Excellent advice everyone, this is exactly what I plan to do. The added stress and "roadblocks" I have had with this dealership leave me with a bad taste and I feel I have the leverage (to a point). I will politely ask them to honor the deal as negotiated and if push comes to shove, I will finance thru TFS, get the rebate and then pay off with a USAA loan, at a lower rate. Thanks all for the advice...look for pics by the end of the weekend.
    Assuming everything goes smoothly tomorrow. :D

4. Aug 22, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    Toyota killed the rate USAA initially gave me. Of course I never called USAA to try for lower either. When I bought my truck less than a month ago, USAA was offering 3.1%, Toyota gave me 1.9%.

Good luck!

5. Aug 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    griffin407c

griffin407c Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB MGM 4x4 Sport w/Entune
    OME 885s on Bilstein 5100s set at 0 with 1/2" plate spacers. OME Dakars with Bilstein 5100 Extended Length Shocks. 16" Pro Comp 7032 wheels wrapped with 285/75-16 Duratracs
    usaa also offered me 3.1%, but i didn't haggle with them either. navy federal gave me 2.49%. toyota offered me 2.49%, but they wouldn't drop any further than that. i went with tfs.

6. Aug 22, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    masterwacker

masterwacker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    TRD Sport hood, TRD Sport paint matched rear bumper and grill, BDF grill light bracket with some Rigids, 40" Rigid roof bar, SPOD, Stereo, Pro Comp Prorunner front strut lift and rear shocks, PXA 7036 Wheels-285/70R17 BFG AT/KOs and some other stuff
    I will second that advice as that is what I did exactly. A USAA rep is the one that even told me to do this too.

Products Discussed in

To Top