Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma interior trim name

Old 01-12-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Tacoma interior trim name

Greetings.

I am replacing all the silver accents in my truck (so it will look like below) with the optional black accents.

I am trying to order the BLACK automatic shift surround (see pic). It is the piece with the cup holder.

The dealer tells me they have grey, dark grey, fawn and a couple others that aren't specifically called black. Does anyone know what this color is called?

Thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
Attack Life.
mpreiss is a jewel in the roughmpreiss is a jewel in the roughmpreiss is a jewel in the rough

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
not sure on the color but are you getting rid of your 6 disc cd player??? I might be interested
Old 01-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpreiss View Post
not sure on the color but are you getting rid of your 6 disc cd player??? I might be interested
I still have it yeah but there is a little crack in it.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
Attack Life.
mpreiss is a jewel in the roughmpreiss is a jewel in the roughmpreiss is a jewel in the rough

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
really noticeable? in the screen or on the silver plastic somewhere? Let me know what you might be looking to get out of it.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
Quote:
really noticeable? in the screen or on the silver plastic somewhere? Let me know what you might be looking to get out of it.
It's not noticeable. It is just to the right of where the hazard button would be in the little vertical plastic piece between the hazard button hole and the airbag/seatbelt hole.

Ok... Back to the interior trim color?
Old 01-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
Attack Life.

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.cars.com/go/crp/research....=&aff=national

looks like graphite but don't know if that helps. pm if you are interested in selling that unit. thanks.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #7
Hmmm. Ok. Thanks. Anyone have any other info on this?

The guy told me he could look it up by VIN. If any of you have this color, maybe you would know?

Thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #8
Tacoma Newbie
moserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud of
moserjjx's Tacoma Gallery
i would think a (good) salesman might know the color differences or if you can find a taco on their lot with the color you want, you could get the VIN off it
Old 01-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #9
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I may be interested in selling my 6 disc head unit (JBL) as soon as my pioneer hu comes in. What kinda price are you thinking?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:13 AM   #11
Get a solid answer on my trim color and you can have mine for free minus shipping.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #12
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherk1 View Post
Get a solid answer on my trim color and you can have mine for free minus shipping.
ask TacoNH for his color codes using this to decode the numbers. Here is pic of his interior from the gallery.

I'll let you know where to ship the stereo.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshest View Post
ask TacoNH for his color codes using this to decode the numbers. Here is pic of his interior from the gallery.

I'll let you know where to ship the stereo.
It needs to be for an automatic.

I need the piece that goes around the auto shifter in black. I suppose a part number would be just as good.

If I had a vin for a tacoma with this trim, this would be a non issue.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #14
Attack Life.

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
i gotta a guy i work with here who has that color. if he is here today i will get the code from his truck.

his truck is an auto.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #15
Quote:
i gotta a guy i work with here who has that color. if he is here today i will get the code from his truck.

his truck is an auto.
nice...

So it is an auto with black?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #16
Attack Life.

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
yep.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #17
betz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud of

Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: Steve
betz.steven's Tacoma Gallery
if you find out let me know as well. the all black interior looks real nice.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #18
Attack Life.

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
i just tried calling my local dealership and gave them a vin number from a truck off ebay with the black radio. He gave some info except he says it doesn't give him a color. maybe i was talking to the wrong guy. But i have been searching the net too and haven't had any luck yet. Might have to take a trip down to the dealership just to find out.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #19
Attack Life.

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherk1 View Post
Greetings.

Thanks
Where did you get that pic. I just emailed the sales prez at my dealer here with that pic attached and here was his response.

"Wish I could help…This looks like a show truck or some kind of concept. It’s nothing that we have ever seen, not even the floor mats.

It’s slightly possible that its from another region…the Southeast is privately owned and they have their own port and do things no one else does, so its possible that if you send this pic to a dealer in the Carolinas they might recognize it. Other than that he would need a customizer and I have no relationship with one.

Jerry"

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 1:19 PM
To: jclarke@kerntoyota.com
Subject: interior colors

I was wondering if I could find out this trim color. I have an 07 tacoma and my buddy has an 08 Tacoma. He was wanting to do some black trim in his truck like this picture I have attached. I think he is mainly looking for the automatic shift surrond there in the middle and his dealer gave him a few colors but none that they called black. I told him I might be able to help with you guys. Any help would be appreciated. I have loooked all over the net and can’t find anything.

Thanks,
Mitch Preiss
Cell: 571-220-5711
Office: 703-723-2800
Ext: 3528
Old 01-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #20
Quote:
Where did you get that pic. I just emailed the sales prez at my dealer here with that pic attached and here was his response.

"Wish I could help…This looks like a show truck or some kind of concept. It’s nothing that we have ever seen, not even the floor mats.

It’s slightly possible that its from another region…the Southeast is privately owned and they have their own port and do things no one else does, so its possible that if you send this pic to a dealer in the Carolinas they might recognize it. Other than that he would need a customizer and I have no relationship with one.

Jerry"

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 1:19 PM
To: jclarke@kerntoyota.com
Subject: interior colors

I was wondering if I could find out this trim color. I have an 07 tacoma and my buddy has an 08 Tacoma. He was wanting to do some black trim in his truck like this picture I have attached. I think he is mainly looking for the automatic shift surrond there in the middle and his dealer gave him a few colors but none that they called black. I told him I might be able to help with you guys. Any help would be appreciated. I have loooked all over the net and can’t find anything.

Thanks,
Mitch Preiss
Cell: 571-220-5711
Office: 703-723-2800
Ext: 3528
Errrr. I don't think that answer is correct.

Thanks though.