1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clazzio Leather Seat Covers Installation- Easy?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by YayAreaTaco0311, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Aug 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 [OP] Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    Hey all,

I just brought a set of Clazzio leather seat covers from eBay for my 2009 Tacoma double cab.

Does anyone have any experience on installing these? If so, are they hard? I've heard that they are super tight fitting and in some cases, requireyou to disconnect certain wires or the seat in order to complete the assembly? Would you recommend professional installation?

Thanks a lot!!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Aug 22, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I'll let you know on Saturday, I just bought a pair myself. UPS is supposed to deliver them Friday and I'll post pictures in a thread I started in the product review section.
    What type did you get? How much? I ordered mine from a place here in MA and got the leather center in all black. Full set cost me $454 total.
    If you haven't watched it yet go to YouTube and watch the Clazzio video for installation. They are using an F150 but the tips and instructions should be pretty universal.

3. Aug 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    drsus

drsus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    4Runner TRDpro
    stock
    very easy.

got it all done in maybe 1-2 hrs

4. Aug 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I got mine today but only managed to get the front seats done before it got dark. The thing that has me stumped that I spent the most time on is the arm rest, I might be stupid but I can't figure out how to get it looking nice, the part at the latch is my biggest problem.

5. Sep 6, 2012 at 3:44 AM
    YayAreaTaco0311

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
  6. Sep 6, 2012 at 4:16 AM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Looks good, I have the exact same ones. The wrinkles smooth out after a little bit, I'm planning on re-tightening mine this weekend.

7. Sep 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    It took me about 3 hours to do everything. I didn't remove the original seat covers like the instructions said because it looked like a pain in the ass...

I'm still having a hard time smoothing the wrinkles but I've heard it takes some breaking in with sitting and the sun?

I love that "new car" smell with these seat covers. lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top