Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

anyone trade in their truck?

Old 01-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
"The Dude"
El Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
El Duderino 480's Tacoma Gallery
Cool need advice w/ truck!

im going back home next week to big two toyota to MAYBE trade in my truck for a different one, a 4x4 one at that, i love my truck but im sick of 2wd. i finally relized how much i hated it when i went to butcher jones and got stuck..anyone got any other ideas as far as getting rid of my truck? i have an 08 prerunner with 25k miles.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Yes... be prepared to get slammed with trade in. An 08 with 25k? Yup...
Old 01-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
"The Dude"
El Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of light

i drive back and fourth from cali to az almost every other weekend.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Being upside on a car loan is no fun.. I don't recommend it.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
"The Dude"

i just cant stand 2wd! im fucked
Old 01-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #6
What if God Smoked Cannabis
Bassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud of

Bassetdad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Bassetdad Send a message via AIM to Bassetdad Send a message via Yahoo to Bassetdad
The dealer will rape you on a trade in, sell it on your own. In Cincinnati I always had good luck with autotraders.com . Paid the one time listing fee & sold the car.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassetdad View Post
The dealer will rape you on a trade in, sell it on your own. In Cincinnati I always had good luck with autotraders.com . Paid the one time listing fee & sold the car.
Agreed. Never trade in unless you HAVE TO. Sell it privately, then go get your 4x4. You wont get nearly what you paid for cause of the market but you will also get a great deal on a new-to-you truck.. id be interested to hear how it turns out
Old 01-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #8
"The Dude"

yeah, i posted my truck up on craigslist in phoenix, i tried doing it for san diego area as well but it wont let me. i found this 06 taco ext cab 4x4 trd with 32k miles, selling for 21k. what do you guys think??
Old 01-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #9
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
Do you really need 4wd? You could buy a moto or ATV or better yet save your $ for the difference of you putting the same truck but 4wd in your driveway. Upgrading tires can help some.

If it makes you feel better, Robbie Gordon is halfway thru the Dakar rally near the top 5 in only a 2wd Hummer.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
"The Dude"

if i knew who it was it might make me feel better lol. i just wanna be able to take out my truck and go 4 wheelin, everytime i go to butcher jones or somewhere else, its another friends taco
Old 01-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #11
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
Yes... be prepared to get slammed with trade in. An 08 with 25k? Yup...
Not necessarily. Resale is so high on this trucks, I know folks who traded them in early and made out pretty well. A buddy had an '07 TRD OR for 4 months, traded it in on a Tundra, and only lost $600 in the deal. Granted, economics are slightly different now vs then but still, check out the resale values on Edmunds. They are still high.

The moral of the story is, at least you didn't buy a Ford.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i got a $19k trade in on my 07 DC sport prerunner that was 1 1/2 years old and 33k miles
Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
i thought about trading in my 09 AC already for a DC...i doubt ill do it, im starting to get over not having a backseat