Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Time To Do Stereo

Old 08-24-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
xsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jordan
xsptaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Time To Do Stereo

My 07 doesnt have an aux port. Ive looked into the GROM and other means of playing music though my stock headunit, but dont want to go that route. I think I want to go with a double din unit, 12inch sub behind the back seat(i have a 4door) and maybe a set of new 6X9's.

Whats the best *budget* double din unit?

Best *budget* 12" and box?

Best amp?

ect.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #2
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
You might get a better/faster response in the audio section of this forum.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
You might get a better/faster response in the audio section of this forum.
It's still TW.

OP - I suggest going to Crutchfield.com to just browse.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
You realize that 'budget' will sound like crap right?

Just a few words of advice right off the bat, because I'm sorry I don't wanna suggest another build again, when you could easily search

Don't buy 6x9's, get 6.5"s. You will need a ring adapter.

Don't buy 3 way speakers.... I wouldn't even buy coaxials except for the back speakers. Get yourself a decent set of component speakers up front.

Spend a little on your subwoofer amp, these are important! They attribute to the sound quality more than the build of the speaker.

Head units, you're on your own there. I don't like double dins

For ideas, feel free to visit my build thread, or the build threads of anyone else in the Audio forum here.