1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cig lighter and Accessory Port - Both Lost Power

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 53flattie, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Aug 24, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    53flattie

53flattie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate, SC
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC
    2.5" OME
    As the title implies, the cig lighter and accessory port on my '06 DC stopped working simultaniously. Since they both stopped, my first thought was a blown fuse somewhere. I checked all the fuses in the under-hood fuse block - none are blown. (Although, I'm not even sure which would control the lighter and accessory port - I saw "Map Lights" and (2) for the radio, but nothing specifically labeled for the lighter/acc).

Everything else in dash works fine, all interior lights work. I have an aftermarket radio and ********* dash panel, but I've never tampered with the wiring to the lighter/accessory (no piggy-backs or splicing).

I'm really hoping this is a common problem and someone can tell me a simple fix. If not, how do I remove these guys? I tinkered around with it a bit last night - removed the glove box and the heat/AC controls, but neither give any access to the wiring harness attached to the lighter/accessory. Do I have to pull the center console to get to these?

Thanks guys!

2. Aug 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    JTacoma

JTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 2.7 4X4 5 speed
    Icon Stage 2 Coilovers, Camburg UCAs, 33x12.50x15 Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP on American Racing AR201 15x10 wheels, differential drop, carrier bearing drop, BPV bracket, Leer canopy with Rhino Racks
    The lighter fuse should be under the dash not in the under the hood fuse block. When my lighter stopped working it was just the fuse under the dash that needed replaced. My truck is a first gen but it should be in a similar place. There is a door below and to the left of the steering wheel that has several fuses in it. Check those.

3. Aug 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM
    53flattie

53flattie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate, SC
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC
    2.5" OME
    Bingo! There is a fuse panel behind the change compartment to the left of the steering wheel on a second gen Tacoma. You can see the fuses unless you pull the change compartment completely out.

The fuse was blown. Swapped it out and all is good. Thanks!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top