1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

air condition

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stratton, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Aug 4, 2007 at 5:49 AM
    stratton

stratton [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    so my 07 db cab trd off road is just over a month old. and yesterday when it was 95 here in western ny, the ac did not work. Blowing out hot air. So not only was i sweating my ass off, but my wife who is 8 months pregnant, who also insisted on me getting a more family friendly vehicle, was giving me an ear full about it. And that i paid 30,000 for a truck that doesnt have ac. blah blah. to top it off when i called my dealer they told me that they can get me in for an appointment after a week or so. I explained to the young service rep that i cant go on our planned trip today with a truck that doesnt have ac. I tried to give him a lesson on how horomones work on a 8 month pregnant lady. and how this would be our last trip alone with out crying kids. and that he had to fix it in the morning a.s.a.p. So i am waiting for the phone call from the dealer.

anyone else ever had a problem with the ac in their 2007.

2. Aug 4, 2007 at 6:04 AM
    07TRDsport

07TRDsport Carolina Alliance

Member:
    my ac wasnt workng when i bought the truck.. i didnt think nething of it because the sales guy said it takes a few for it to get cold ( on my test drive) n then i got on here asking how cold the ac gets and they said pretty damn cold so i went back and they checked it out and said theres def a problem and took out all the freion and filled it back up, they said the factory didnt fill the truck completely with freion.. leaks were my second thought but they said they checked it and found none.

3. Aug 4, 2007 at 6:41 AM
    flyman767

flyman767 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seems to be a trend for new Tacoma's to either have the refrigerant(R134a) leaked out slowly or been underserviced at the factory. Can you hear the A/C compressor clutch cycling? If so, more than likely, this is an indication that the refrigerant level is low. Does the A/C light illuminate or flash upon engagement? If it's flashing or not lit at all, this may be an indication of an electrical problem within the A/C system.

4. Aug 4, 2007 at 6:44 AM
    stratton

stratton [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    the dealer just called and they fixed it. they said that when the factory installed the o ring near the firewall they must have knicked it and this caused a slow leak. so i am on my way to pick it up.

5. Aug 4, 2007 at 2:54 PM
    miketyler

miketyler Well-Known Member

Member:
    I too have an 07 Tacoma and feel like the AC could be colder. Is there a sight glass that would spot-indicate low charge?

6. Aug 4, 2007 at 3:53 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    If your air conditioning is not freezing (like mine), something is prob wrong.

Ted

7. Aug 4, 2007 at 5:06 PM
    gadawg

gadawg Member

Member:
    Waco
    I live in Texas and the A/C is Cold.

8. Aug 4, 2007 at 7:05 PM
    flyman767

flyman767 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nope...there is no dryer(at least one thats visible) the system has to pressure checked to ascertain the refrigerant level.

Products Discussed in

To Top