Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st scratch

Old 08-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
1st scratch

So I just got back from the dealer. They fixed my leaking air conditioning. I then decided to take the truck over to the car wash and get its first bath. As I was driving through the wash the "gentle brushes" snapped off my antenna and dragged it down the side of my truck. Then the antenna got caught in the automated floor of the wash and it now looks like a figure 8. I bought a truck and I know I will put a few scratches on the truck. But I didnt think the first scratch would be at a carwash.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
hate to hear that man!! how deep are the scratches?? if they arent too deep, maybe some meguiars scratch x and some polish and wax will help it out!!
Old 08-04-2007, 10:17 AM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about that, bro. That's why I always wash my rig by hand myself.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #4
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
thanks

yeah from now on thats how i will do it. live and learn
Old 08-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
I just seen my hood scoop got a nice big chunk of paint taking out.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about the scratch.

Again depending on the depth, I would reccomend 3m professional light rubbing compound. Not available at your local auto parts store, you can only get it through you local autobody shop or automotive paint supply house, but it does wonders. Even took out all of the briar and bramble brush scratches from the sides of my 04 taco the last time I took it out into the woods, and that day we were running some atv trails in trucks.

My first scratch in the new truck, was my own doing. I walked past the passenger door too closely while preping to leave for a camping trip and brushed against the strap on towing mirror. The towing mirror was not as securely attached as I had thought, and it came loose sringing down and rubbing a nice arc into the door, but after cursing loud enough to wake the neighbors, I was able to compound them out as well.

Good luck
Old 08-05-2007, 05:29 AM   #7
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
My first scratch. My wife. As usual not looking to where she holds her purse when she gets in the truck and those frickin keys she hangs from it. The rest is history, we had a loooong talk after that.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:34 PM   #8
kngharley is on a distinguished road

kngharley's Tacoma Gallery
My first scratch was from the dealer the day I bought it. The driver of the transport truck backed the truck off of the truck and parked it on the lot, the salesman got into the truck to drive it off the lot for the test drive, as he opened the door he hit into a Solara that was parked beside it. Unfortunately the truck was ordered so I was kinda stuck with it. The dealer said that they would take care of it, but I haven't had the time to take it in. That was in October LOL
Old 08-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #9
Bfmco7 is on a distinguished road
Bfmco7's Tacoma Gallery
my first scratch wasnt quite a scratch.. it was more like $5600.00 worth of devestation!! A deer ran out in front of my truck at about 55mph. Completely destroyed the front of my truck. Had it 2 months and it ad 3200 miles on it.. talk about someone being upset!!
Old 08-05-2007, 04:22 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i added a few more this weekend fron some trees...fun fun
Old 08-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #11
coreyredken is on a distinguished road

coreyredken's Tacoma Gallery
Dang hate to hear that! Next time... take your antenna off before you go through one with brushes... they are killer on that antenna~!
Old 08-06-2007, 03:14 AM   #12
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfmco7 View Post
my first scratch wasnt quite a scratch.. it was more like $5600.00 worth of devestation!! A deer ran out in front of my truck at about 55mph. Completely destroyed the front of my truck. Had it 2 months and it ad 3200 miles on it.. talk about someone being upset!!
How'd the deer make it out? You think YOU had a bad day...
Old 08-06-2007, 05:06 AM   #13
Bfmco7 is on a distinguished road
Bfmco7's Tacoma Gallery
The deer, well he didnt do so well either haha... The metal bumper under the plastic piece pushed through the plastic and put about a soft ball size whole in the side of the deer. He did manage to run about 20 yards though..
Old 08-06-2007, 07:16 AM   #14
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, my first scratch almost sent me into a rage. then the second, third, fourth, now its getting to the point i don't sweat it so much
Old 08-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #15
Lee's06Taco is on a distinguished road

Lee's06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
My first scratch was from the sliding garage door. I thought i pull in far enough and close it. Well turns out that garage door scratch my tail gate and had stop at my bumper. I was piss, kick the darn garage door and took my truck into a dent repair shop. They gave me estimate of $600. Too much $$ to get it fix, so i left it as is. A few months later, comming home for lunch, some idiot driving a uhaul side swipe me on the rear right side. He pull out of a stop and didn't even look my way. It was his fault. Anyways, his insurance fix the damage and as well as my tailgate. I got it fix for free.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:54 AM   #16
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Sorry to hear about that, bro. That's why I always wash my rig by hand myself.
+1

I hate those Swirl-O-Matics, as I call them.