Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bumper integrated winch mount - product dev questions

Old 08-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #41
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely interested. Any way to make a version out of aluminum to save weight while still keeping up the strength?
Old 08-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #42
rraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud of
Name: Ryan
rraether's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed!!! This would be awesome. what about just cutting the bottom valence completely off and replacing it with this and additional d-rings. I think that would be pretty sweet, could bolt right to the frame without changing the factory look to much..
Old 08-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #43
troy28 is on a distinguished road
troy28's Tacoma Gallery
I am actually in line for a bumper just so I can have the winch mount and the D-Rings. I would much rather go this route!

I have a 2012 in case you are keeping a tally. Most of my suggestions have been mentioned but If we could have anything:
Plenty of room to mount a Warn 9000 - 1000 winch with a place for the controls
2 recovery points for shackles
Place to mount a skid to close the gap between the front of the truck and cross member at the bottom of the Radiator
Maybe an option for a front hitch
Ability to hook up a Hi-Lift jack although that could potentially be handled through a hitch option.

I understand there is a R&D process and it is to early to speculate a final product. However there is still the question of just how possible is this. Could you estimate about how long it would be till you would know that this concept is feasible to become a production product?

Thank you for the opportunity to provide input!!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #44
mistaare is on a distinguished road
mistaare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post

if thats anything near what the final product will look like, sign me up.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #45
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery

this is just a sample pic of a 2012 front end. there is just as much or more room down there for a winch as the FJ
Old 08-31-2012, 12:15 AM   #46
rld is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, 92 - 2000
Name: Randy
rld's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 08-31-2012, 03:24 AM   #47
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
Im game for one.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:36 AM   #48
KCCO
FarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud of
FarmBoyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
definitely something of interest
Old 09-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #50
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I am very interested!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #51
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to take one of these Undercover Winch ideas and the avid light bar. Build a bracket fron the which plate to to the light bar. Which increases the strength of the light bar. more room for lights and it would look sick.

with a winch!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #52
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
1. Interest. Is there really a large enough demand for it? 1500 views now

2. Model/year changes. Any significant changes between 05 and 12 that would apply to an integrated winch mount? Obviously I'd need a few people in the DFW area that would like to provide a Tacoma for fitment/development and receive a mount in return for free. the 2012 front end is different. maybe a little more room down there

Would a mount that keeps the center plastic be preferred or something that would replace the center piece similar to the FJ mount pictured below? replacing the plastic with metal like the fj mount = perfect.

my 2 cents

Old 09-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #53
Jay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay9722's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in for sure!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #54
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryder
Got2ryde's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckyTruck View Post
1. Interest. Is there really a large enough demand for it? 1500 views now

2. Model/year changes. Any significant changes between 05 and 12 that would apply to an integrated winch mount? Obviously I'd need a few people in the DFW area that would like to provide a Tacoma for fitment/development and receive a mount in return for free. the 2012 front end is different. maybe a little more room down there

Would a mount that keeps the center plastic be preferred or something that would replace the center piece similar to the FJ mount pictured below? replacing the plastic with metal like the fj mount = perfect.

my 2 cents

I'm all for replacing the plastic with a more durable metal surround that that could also incorporate a skid plate perhaps. Oh and if it has a winch in it that would be tits on a boar.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #55
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2ryde View Post
I'm all for replacing the plastic with a more durable metal surround that that could also incorporate a skid plate perhaps. Oh and if it has a winch in it that would be tits on a boar.
um.....tits on a boar are worthless
Old 09-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #56
300rem7 will become famous soon enough

Navy: SSBN 738 (G) Missile Tech
300rem7's Tacoma Gallery
I would like more availability, options, and cost info.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #58
rraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud of
Name: Ryan
rraether's Tacoma Gallery
idk if it has been addressed yet but does that part of the truck interfere with the airbag deployment at all? im not to familiar with it but maybe someone can chime in.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #59
OutbackHack is a splendid one to beholdOutbackHack is a splendid one to beholdOutbackHack is a splendid one to beholdOutbackHack is a splendid one to beholdOutbackHack is a splendid one to beholdOutbackHack is a splendid one to beholdOutbackHack is a splendid one to beholdOutbackHack is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
OutbackHack's Tacoma Gallery
solid winch mount + recovery points @ lower cost & weight than a full on bumper replacement would be perfect