1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brake issue

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JohnDeSantis, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Aug 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    JohnDeSantis

JohnDeSantis [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Indian Trail NC
    Vehicle:
    05 dc 4x4 TRD
    Ok, So I am new here, I have read here a lot and got some great information. It's time I registered :D

So I have had a brake shimmy in the front of my truck for a while. I resurfaced the rotors and then drove across country. It was fine for a while when I got to NC (From Oregon). The shimmy came back... So I said screw it, I replaced pads and shoes, I also got the rotors resurfaced and the drums resurfaced.

I am going to see how it works or if there is an underlying issue. Anyway, to the problem. I get everything put back on and tightened up, I try and back it out of the shop, but it seems that there is an issue where the brakes are grabbing. I put it in reverse and it won't move. I give it gas and I hear a scarping from the front. I think it's the driverside. I jacked it up and looked again and I don't see anything rubbing.. I am thinking that it hasn't had the chance to auto adjust. Is there anything I can do? Any suggestions?

2. Aug 26, 2012 at 3:36 PM
    JohnDeSantis

JohnDeSantis [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Indian Trail NC
    Vehicle:
    05 dc 4x4 TRD
    Forget it, I figured it out, the Caliper was bad and the 3 of the 4 pistons were stuck... Tossed it and bought a new one. Works like a dream now :D

3. Aug 26, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    Word.

4. Aug 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    themuffinman619

themuffinman619 Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Member:
    First Name:
    themuffinman
    Vehicle:
    Your moms house
    Glad we could help you out :D

5. Aug 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    This place does empower a person to diagnose and fix their own shit.:D

Products Discussed in

To Top